eVGA G80 step up thread

i_am_mustang_man

Limp Gawd
this thread will be for anyone who wants to step-up for eVGA G80, and dates/prices, and all info involved

first update - it's not even listed on the eVGA site yet, but that's okay! maybe in seventy minutes when the NDA ends!

i_am_mustang_man said:
this thread will be for anyone who wants to step-up for eVGA G80, and dates/prices, and all info involved

first update - it's not even listed on the eVGA site yet, but that's okay! maybe in ten minutes when the NDA ends!

I thought the NDA didn't end for another hour and ten minutes.

i_am_mustang_man said:

first update - it's not even listed on the eVGA site yet, but that's okay! maybe in ten minutes when the NDA ends!

when does the nda end? 10am PST? :confused:

Sabrewulf165 said:
I thought the NDA didn't end for another hour and ten minutes.
1pm cst, is in an hour and two minutes now, thanks.

thanks to all the G80 excitement, i have the dumb

Misc-I_have_the_dumb.jpg

Step up wont be for a few months.

They still havent added the 7900GTO to the step up program yet.

Astrogiblet said:

7900GTO was a limited series, I doubt it will ever be added.

Astrogiblet said:

they didnt' have the 7900gto because it was a limited run card (which they don't allow step up to), which is why the G80 prolly won't be available today, for example, but hopefully in a month or so. i hope

lol 70 minutes sounds so much shorter than 1 hour and 10 minutes. :D

As for step-up, the 7800 GT I bought nearly a year ago expired for that offer, so I'm outta luck. :p

thinking about going from 2x 7900 GTO's to 2x 8800 GTS's. but i have 60+ days to think about it... :D

Number 12 for me for GTX I wonder who was #1 they didnt share !! how rude!

I just got owned. I dont even want to talk about it. :p

Hey, at least I get 90 new days to upgrade. :(

I'm a n00b.

it said backordered, but i decided to my name into queue

whaddya know! i got an email telling me to send it in! #82, not too too bad

i wish i had done it at 3:08pm when it first said backordered

Hopefully they produce a crap load of GTX's. #33 in the que isnt to bad, but i have a felling it could be a month or two.

I have a question would it be better to que up now or wait a month or so since I still have 50 days on my step up. Im in no rush to get I just want to make sure that theres nothing wrong with this first batch or if any refresh models come out anytime soon.

i decided to line up now, because the msrp for the g80 will not go down for months (the 7900gtx is still @ 500+ right now for step up capabilities), whereas the 7900gto retail value will probably go down

i think i'm going to not step up yet, maybe get conroe once clovertown drives the dual core prices down

then go 8800gtx

idk!!!! i don't have unlimited funds, but man i want one of these

I was number 38 and just got the notice to send in my receipt this morning... so at least they have allocated that many cards to the first round of step-ups!

I should have my card before Thanksgiving!

Just made my payment as well. Waiting for the final email that tells me to send it in.

And its going overnight air to the address they tell me to send it to. I will send it out Monday and hopefully get it back Wed of next week.

Ok I gave in and went in queue, and last night I was #260 and now Im #158 :D

I'm sending mine ground should get there next day, since there only 15 mins away :D

Made my payment early today as well. I will send my card out after i get my 1st gtx on Monday

Humm I got about 65 days left to stepup, I have a 7950GT KO. Hoping the stepup price on a GTS (or GTX if I get a good bonus!) drops by $50 or $100 after Christmas or 1/1 or whenever ATi releases their DX10 card. *Sweat*.

thePP

PixPirate said:
Humm I got about 65 days left to stepup, I have a 7950GT KO. Hoping the stepup price on a GTS (or GTX if I get a good bonus!) drops by $50 or $100 after Christmas or 1/1 or whenever ATi releases their DX10 card. *Sweat*.

thePP

The price never moves on the cards at EVGA even if they move elseware.EVGA will never lower below their original selling price during the initial 90 days of the new product.

If they did they would loose their shirts

Back