eVGA Geforce 6800GT

Cryptic

Gawd
I just ordered one...got it on sale at newegg:) Anyone have any comments about this card...does anyone like the eVGA company? Just wondering and wanting to see how good my card will be:) Thanks!

I love my regular 6800 from them. Been able to overclock it like mad, and temps are not an issue (not sure about the above poster, but from what I hear GT's, they run hot as it is. It's a reference design cooler on the card as well, so it won't cool and better, or any worse than most other cards out there).

The card is stable as can be, and you get that cool trade up program. What more could you ask for?

Also, another thing to think about, look at how many posts people put up about problems with their BFG cards, or their Leadteks. Quite a few more than eVGA I'd say. Not saying anything bad about the other cards, but just something I have noticed.

You'll be happy.

Hercusleaze said:
I love my regular 6800 from them. Been able to overclock it like mad, and temps are not an issue (not sure about the above poster, but from what I hear GT's, they run hot as it is. It's a reference design cooler on the card as well, so it won't cool and better, or any worse than most other cards out there).

The card is stable as can be, and you get that cool trade up program. What more could you ask for?

Also, another thing to think about, look at how many posts people put up about problems with their BFG cards, or their Leadteks. Quite a few more than eVGA I'd say. Not saying anything bad about the other cards, but just something I have noticed.

You'll be happy.

Thanks, I think I will be too, its a HUGE upgrade from my PNY(nothing wrong w/ the company) FX5200 128meg card...kinda old for the times, and I saw it on sale, so I was like "what the hell, I'll buy it". Thanks...

The card is awesome, you will NOT be dissapointed. Go for it definitely.

I upgraded from a 5200 as well. The difference is MINDBLOWING!

You will definitly not be disappointed. I went from a measly 1100 3DMark03 score to almost 9400 (with other mods as well, mostly just RAM). Amazing

So can you really tell a large difference if you're going from say a 5600 and you're using an Athlon XP 2600+ with a gig of ram? Is there a point at where the processor and/or ram need to be faster to get a boost?

Cryptic said:
I just ordered one...got it on sale at newegg:) Anyone have any comments about this card...does anyone like the eVGA company? Just wondering and wanting to see how good my card will be:) Thanks!
damn, i should have waited a couple of weeks... couldve saved $30. :( .. but yeah, the card is great, no problems here....

i got my GT a couple weeks back and im lovin every bit of it :D. i noticed a pretty big difference in all of my newer games like ut2004, farcry, doom 3, and im going to check the performance with splinter cell 1 and pandora tomorrow. i like high FPS over intense IQ any day.

i got my evga 6800gt direct from them. its been working 2 months flawlesssly. overclocks very well also.

Got my eVGA 6800GT last week, so far runs beautifuly even though I can't get BF1942 AF to work and it won't even do a 370 core clock stable :confused:

if you cant get at least a 400 core clock then i would send it back and get a new one. i can go to 425/1150 but the temps get almost to 91C...im not liking that very much so i keep it at 401/1100 quite easily

My score was 1337 (no joke) with my 5200 the one time I ran 3dmark03. Didn't want to run it again because I wanted my crap card to stay LEET :). I get around 8000 when I run 3dmark now with my eVGA 6800 NU. The rest of my system is from HP so I'm sure I've got 512MB of PC2700 RAM and my 2.8 P4 probably has the lowest front side bus possible. I'm sure my score will go up as bit once I get a gig of some good PC3200 and get my AMD 64 3200+. I'm hoping to get 9000 or so with my new system.

Great card..I replaced a 9800 Pro and have no regrets on the ~ $400.00 I spent.
The card does run hot but I keep the room the PC is in at about 70-75 F.
I have played on my PC for 18 hours straight with no problems....but with the 9800 Pro after a few hours I would start to see a few graphical glitches.

From their Website.

"eVGA.com has developed copper replacements for the aluminum heatsink cores that are used in the standard cooling systems for the GeForce 6800 Ultra and GT cards. These replacements allow for an average reduction in temperature of about 7%, which translates to about 4.25°C."

I wonder does that mean some of the newer GT's will have or do have a Copper HSF?

I just ordered mine as well, replacing my 9700 pro. I have been going over buying one for the past 4-5 weeks, and finally broke down and bought it. I got my 9700 Pro on 7/03/03, so it has lasted more than a year, and it wasn't the top card when I bought it. Hopefully the 6800gt will last just as long.

DirtyApe said:
if you cant get at least a 400 core clock then i would send it back and get a new one. i can go to 425/1150 but the temps get almost to 91C...im not liking that very much so i keep it at 401/1100 quite easily

Hate to take it back just for that. I'll try OC to 380 and see what happens or wait till I get an NV5 on it cause I highly doubt eVGA will take it back for poor OC

IceWind said:
Hate to take it back just for that. I'll try OC to 380 and see what happens or wait till I get an NV5 on it cause I highly doubt eVGA will take it back for poor OC

if you are oc'ing it at all technically they won't take it back :p. if you don't like your GT you can always step-up to an ultra within 3 months for $100.

Did anyone use extra cooling fan on gt video card if so what kind of cooling fan are you using, just curious.

Kibbles said:
I wonder does that mean some of the newer GT's will have or do have a Copper HSF?

I read it to mean that you could buy replacement all-copper heatsinks from them. I wonder if that would mean you wouldn't void your warranty?

Mine just came from newegg and it has copper heat sinks. The little heatsink at the end of the card that is usually black colored on mine is shiney copper.

hmmm. evga gt's are now down to 375+freeshipping on some etailers , reputable ones too.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

to be or not to be.

Hercusleaze said:
I upgraded from a 5200 as well. The difference is MINDBLOWING!

You will definitly not be disappointed. I went from a measly 1100 3DMark03 score to almost 9400 (with other mods as well, mostly just RAM). Amazing
i dont understand, why does mine score better than urs, with mine at bonestock speeds? I score about 10k stock, 11k at ultra speeds, and my cpu is at stock speeds...

wilson502 said:
i dont understand, why does mine score better than urs, with mine at bonestock speeds? I score about 10k stock, 11k at ultra speeds, and my cpu is at stock speeds...

He probably have AA/AF enable

I'm happy.....speeds at 400/1050 without a problem.

But just a 'heads-up' to those of you that like to keep your hardware for awhile. They come with a one-year warranty, which in my opinion, is terrible for a $400 graphics card.

Back