eVGA N517 7800GT need to underclock?

clarknova

n00b
Hello,

I have read others that have this issue but I am ready to RMA it back to newegg.
The video card gives out horrible artifacts in windows and locks up games unless I underclock it from its "stock" speed of 470mhz down to at least 450mhz or lower.
Even then it locks up once in a while. I have plenty of juice goin to it, I have an Antec NeoHE 550 and a x2 4400 chip.

Has anyone else found some sort of fix for this?
Otherwise Im going to return this card.

Yes, there's a big sticky about this on the eVGA forums: http://www.evga.com/Community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8247

The BIOS update removes the 40 Hz delta geometric clock which pretty much made the card run at 510 mhz rather than 470 mhz. Just make sure you get version 3 of the update(they screwed up version 2 and accidentally overclocked the memory by 100 mhz). If you happen to have version 2 of the BIOS (should be listed somewhere in your video card properties) then that is your problem, because the memory is running at 1200 mhz when it should be running at 1100 mhz. If this is the case then I would update the bios to version 3 immediately.

This is all discussed on the link I just gave you. Good luck.

Back