eVGA or BFG 7800 GT?

Chix4mat

Gawd
I'm looking to pick one of these cards up, but don't know whether to try an eVGA this time, as I currently own a 6800GT OC that's about to be RMA'd due to high temps it get's.

Anyways, they both would have lifetime warranties, so which should I choose? Anybody happen to know if ANY bundle comes with either?

Thanks!

qbackin said:
The EVGA Comes with a free sli mobo.

qft...

i have no idea how evga motherboards are, but their vcards are great... you can always sell the motherboard or build a second box for your mother :)

mjz_5 said:
qft...

i have no idea how evga motherboards are, but their vcards are great... you can always sell the motherboard or build a second box for your mother :)

I'm not sure my mother would need an SLI mobo ;).

doesnt the EVGA card cost 50 dollars more if you buy it from their website that "gives away" the mobo

I have a spare Ultra-D lying around if I needed a second box, but that deal does sound good. I live in Canada, and I'd expect it to take a lot longer to get to me, than if I just bought it from NCIX.com like I always do.

[Edit]

Actually, even with choosing the $60 expressing shipping direct from eVGA, the total order is $30 cheaper than buying the card alone through NCIX.com. Looking further, but will likely go with that. Motherboard or not.. it still saves money.

Big Fat Duck said:

I agree. I was reading some reviews of the new GT's and the XFX is clocked slightly faster and is cheaper than eVGA and the BFG.

If you look at warranties, however, I believe the XFX only has a 2 year while eVGA has a lifetime. Go with whichever you prefer!

I tried to order, and pushed the "Perform order" button, and it brought me back to the front page. I hope it worked, lol..

The cards themselves are all essentially the same, they are made by 1 company in Asia for nVidia and all the partners buy it from there and put their stickers on it.

The real difference is in the support these companies provide and their warranties, etc. That is what distiguishes eVGA from BFG from XFX.

I went with the BFG because it was the cheapest I could find and I needed a card asap.

Tried IE and my order worked.

Ultra, I hear you. eVGA offers a lifetime warranty AND a free mobo.. which came to $501. $50 of that was shipping :rolleyes:

BFG was my second choice, for sure. Never had an eVGA before, so hear goes.

Chix4mat said:
Tried IE and my order worked.

Ultra, I hear you. eVGA offers a lifetime warranty AND a free mobo.. which came to $501. $50 of that was shipping :rolleyes:

BFG was my second choice, for sure. Never had an eVGA before, so hear goes.

i have an eVGA 6800GT, no problems so far.. let us know how the motherboard works out :p

Back