EVGA Overclocking Tool Coming Soon

HardOCP News

[H] News
I noticed that EVGA is working on an “Advanced Graphics Tuning tool” that will allow you to monitor GPU temps, core clock, memory clock and a built in overclocking tool that makes it possible to adjust fan speed and overclock the core and shader clocks independently. The best part is that the tool will be available to the general public, not just EVGA owners.

First thought when I saw that picture was Riva Tuner. Do you think EVGA is working together with the Riva Tuner people?

Thats cool they're coming out w/ an app, but is it really going to bring anything new to the table?

I don't see the correlation to RivaTuner, am I missing something?

Without looking at the picture I immediately though of RivaTuner as well just because it already can do all those things, and do it well.

My only worry is that we don't need another ntune, If it works and works well good for them though, but I'll stick with RivaTuner for now

most video card utilities show this information. CCC shows this info. does that mean eVga is working with ATI?

It's the style of the graphs themselves which look to me most like RivaTuner. Could be that they're working together, or could be that they both just got the custom graph control from the same place. ;)

Cool, but eesh, is it an industry standard to make the ugliest GUI possible on these tuning apps?

Cool, but eesh, is it an industry standard to make the ugliest GUI possible on these tuning apps?

Apparently! Most the apps created by hardware manufacturers look like they were created by 6 year olds in Visual Basic 4.

Perhaps alternate skins will be available? ;) Fyi the stuff you guys see is like... the first release... so dont expect it to funciton or look like that.

Why don't they focus on making solid and stable drivers instead?

To bad like all monitor applications made by MOBO/Video card makers it looks like shit.

Why does it matter if it looks horrible, as long as it performs and functions properly I could care less.

Why does it matter if it looks horrible, as long as it performs and functions properly I could care less.

Exactly! It seems like many people want something that is hardly functional and visually appealing rather than that is just the opposite! That's why I use plain ol' vanilla foobar 2000 for audio.

Anyway, sounds great! Anything that is better than nTune would be wonderful

Exactly! It seems like many people want something that is hardly functional and visually appealing rather than that is just the opposite! That's why I use plain ol' vanilla foobar 2000 for audio.

You're missing the point here though. Time and money was spent to make this program *try* to look good (aka, skinned) when a basic foobarish program would not only suffice, but look better too.

It would be nice to have an all in product. Something that reports all the temps and lets you overclock. I hate having to have 3 different apps running in the tray to tell the temp. And Nvidia control sucks... it lets you log temps to a file, but doesn't let you choose a filename, or tell you what it's using, or where it's putting it. So somewhere, someplace on your hardrive is a file with an unknown name that's logging temps.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's tired of these companies trying to make "cool" guis. They're all round and stupid and unlike any real computer interface. I think it'd look better if a 6yo used VB4 to make it, honestly... at least then it'd just look like a plain window.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's tired of these companies trying to make "cool" guis. They're all round and stupid and unlike any real computer interface. I think it'd look better if a 6yo used VB4 to make it, honestly... at least then it'd just look like a plain window.

i was thinking the same... they all have the most retarded GUIs....

put out a program that looks like cpuz, or speedfan... something that has a friggin standard windows title bar

Back