eVGA P26 BIOS

Bios Version : P26
BIOS Date : 3/14/2007
Bios File : NF68_P26.exe (filesize N/A)
Notes : The following was updated in release P26:

Wireless PCI card fixes
Removed LinkBoost support (Please see below)
“LinkBoost was removed from nForce 680i SLI because it did not show significant demonstrable benefit in games. We had hoped newer games would take advantage of this additional bandwidth but this has not been the case. Please note that future BIOS upgrades will only remove the automatic overclocking component of LinkBoost. Users can still manually overclock the PCI-Express and HyperTransport buses in the BIOS.”
Also includes these updates from bios P20, P21, P23, P24, and P25:

Vreg fan header default set to on
Memory performance improvements
Vista WHQL Certified
USB Floppy improvements for RAID installs
Correct CPU temp and voltage system monitor displays in BIOS
Correct default CPU multiplier setting
Fix "Code 50" hang received under certain VGA configurations
Fix for SATA disk drives
Improvements to memory stability and overclockability
Disabled spread spectrum tables for improved overclockability
Improve POST screen CPU speed reporting
Improves X-Fi and internal audio functionality
WHQL Certified BIOS
Improvements to overclocking
Enhancements for Quad-Core CPUs
Adds ability to enable splash screen

well, no linkboost.

Anyone have a link for step by step instructions on how to update the BIOS on this board?

wtf happened to updatecenter? i used to flash all my previous BIOS updates with it, i cannot believe that still in this day and age we still have to implement the obsolete floppy drive, i dont remember the last time i needed to use one, and i dont have one to begin with...

The only way to update your BIOS..

I tried that with my old Abit IC7-G... 1 week and 7 dollars later my new BIOS chip came in the mail. I'd rather spend $15 on a floppy drive and make sure I get a good flash vs. not.

well I just flashed mine (BFG one), its overclock friendly for me :D
I have a bfg 680i board also but did you use the evga bios image or the bios download from bfg's website? Does it matter if I flash with the evga bios or the bfg bios?

It is working great for me and seems to have added more stability? I have no idea why.

I have a bfg 680i board also but did you use the evga bios image or the bios download from bfg's website? Does it matter if I flash with the evga bios or the bfg bios?

I did the BFG bios. and the evga bios may work.

Back