EVGA P55 Micro SLI Motherboard @ Amazon 107.62 AR

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The only problem is that the PCI express x16 lanes are actually x8 electronically.

Kind of sucks if you are wanting to run a high end video card. :(

The only problem is that the PCI express x16 lanes are actually x8 electronically.

Kind of sucks if you are wanting to run a high end video card. :(

That's only an issue if you're running SLI or Crossfire, correct? Isn't this an issue with all PXX boards?

That's only an issue if you're running SLI or Crossfire, correct? Isn't this an issue with all PXX boards?

For most P55 boards, if you only have one video card that PCIe slot runs at x16 speed. It's only when you have two cards that both slots drop to x8. For this board, the PCIe slots only support 8 lanes, regardless of whether you have one or two cards installed.

One really nice feature about this board is that it has Socket 775 Heatsink mounting holes as well as Socker 1156 holes. Great if you're upgrading from a s775 system and don't want to buy a new heatsink or mount.

This is not 100% true. If you have an s775 cooler that uses a back plate, you will need an 1156 backing plate (or a new cooler). If your cooler uses push pins, then you can use the s775 mounting holes. (I made this mistake on my build - thought my TRUE120 would work with the s775 mounting, it won't - I had to buy a new back plate)

x8 hardly affects performance on even the best video cards right now so I'm not sure why people are making such a big deal of this. It's not a bottleneck yet. You can run crossfire 5870s and you will only take a few FPS hit. It will be a problem in the future, though. :(

I just ordered 3 different intel mini ITX, s775 motherboards to play with over the holidays.
Too bad this EVGA board was not also mini ITX.

I had a hard time finding anything mini ITX with s775, other then the intel boards i just bought.
I did not see any s1156 mini ITX boards anywhere (maybe none exist?)

Most mini ITX boards i found seem to have Atoms built in, which im not interested in.

Would be nice if EVGA would also make a mini ITX board similar to this micro ATX board.

Last edited:
This is not 100% true. If you have an s775 cooler that uses a back plate, you will need an 1156 backing plate (or a new cooler). If your cooler uses push pins, then you can use the s775 mounting holes. (I made this mistake on my build - thought my TRUE120 would work with the s775 mounting, it won't - I had to buy a new back plate)

Maybe I'm not visualizing it but why would this be the case?

Thanks OP, I bit for several reasons.

I needed a Micro ATX board,
EVGA's support rocks, - this board has warranty
Price cant be beat,
Supports my older 775 HSF,
Almost bought same board used last week, - did not have warranty
I received my rebate check back from eVGA last week took 7-8 weeks, but I got it.

Maybe I'm not visualizing it but why would this be the case?

It's due to the back of the LOTES socket being in the way.. My friend just built a P55 eVGA system and we had the same problem.. it was the ZALMAN CNPS 9700. We were going to cut the backplate (plastic) to the Zalman, but lucked out and just ended up have the backplate flex to fix.. and mounting was not more of an issue than that. So it's YMMV depending on your cooler.

Back