EVGA Precision 3.0.3 Released

hammerforged

[H]ard|Gawd
Change Log: http://www.evga.com/precision

Dowload Link: http://www.evga.com/DriveHQ/Download.aspx?file=evgaprecisionx.zip&survey=13.0.3

Version 3.0.3

Release: 6/29/12

• Increased upper allowed power limit for power limit adjustment slider on some extreme editions of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series graphics cards
  • Added minimum and maximum values to monitoring graphs (only in detached monitoring window mode)
  • Fixed incorrect core clock monitoring on GeForce GT 640 series graphics cards
  • Fixed incorrect clock monitoring and incorrect boost clock markers rendering after switching from pre-Kepler architecture card to Kepler architecture card on the fly
  • Clock and voltage indicators are no longer rendered incorrectly after changing the skins on the fly
  • Optimized fan speed indicator rendering on fanless systems
  • EVGA On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.3.4. New version gives you the following improvements:

Fixed framerate calculation for DirectX10/DirectX11 applications, which actively use presentation testing during rendering (e.g. Max Payne 3)

Increased upper allowed power limit for power limit adjustment slider on some extreme editions of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series graphics cards

Which ones? :confused:

Edit: Updated. 670 FTW still max of +145

Last edited:
Maybe for Classified versions? My FTW and signature superclock + still have limits of +131 and +130

Yeah power target on my FTW+ 4GB is still +131. No change to the "Adjust Voltage" menu limit, either.

Guys, I upgraded from X58 to Z77 and now I'm getting RSOD in Heaven when PrecisionX 3.0.3 is running, even at stock clocks. I'm not sure if it was like this on X58 since I haven't run any benchmarks since the update came out. If I turn off PrecisionX, my OC is stable at 1227/3704 (2-way SLI).

Guys, I upgraded from X58 to Z77 and now I'm getting RSOD in Heaven when PrecisionX 3.0.3 is running, even at stock clocks. I'm not sure if it was like this on X58 since I haven't run any benchmarks since the update came out. If I turn off PrecisionX, my OC is stable at 1227/3704 (2-way SLI).

Interesting. Are you sure you don't have something like MSI Afterburner set to automatically launch with Windows? I.E. you are running two OC utilities concurrently and they're conflicting and causing the BSOD...probably not but I figure it's worth a shot to try.

No problems here with 3.0.3. Just played some BF3 multi and used the OSD to see my VRAM usage...about 2.5GB throughout the match (all settings maxed - 5760x1080).

Interesting. Are you sure you don't have something like MSI Afterburner set to automatically launch with Windows? I.E. you are running two OC utilities concurrently and they're conflicting and causing the BSOD...probably not but I figure it's worth a shot to try.
Yeah, I had RSOD because of Afterburner before, so I uninstalled it a while ago. It took me a while to figure out that it was PrecisionX causing it, such as re-installing nVidia drivers and PrecisionX, etc. At this point, so I'm 100% sure that it's causing problems if it's running.

The eVGA website links just take me in circles between the Precision web page and the drivers download page.

Yeah :(
6+8 pin (680 pcb) gtx 670

Y U NO GIVE MOAR POWA?!?!

But I thought 111% on the 6+8 pin cards is equivalent to 125% (or whatever) on 6+6 pin reference cards, as in the total max power is the same.

If you have a non-reference card that isn't even reaching 100% even at its stock setting, then increasing the power limit will do nothing.

But I thought 111% on the 6+8 pin cards is equivalent to 125% (or whatever) on 6+6 pin reference cards, as in the total max power is the same.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. I do have the 6+8 pin with 111% lock. best I can do on core is 1230. Then again I could only get 1215 on my Asus 680 so I guess I just have bad luck ;)

Does Precision X work ok with non-EVGA card? I like EVGA fine enough, but I know if I get another one from them, I'll just end up putting on an aftermarket cooler, so I'd rather get a 670 that had multiple fans on it.

Does Precision X work ok with non-EVGA card? I like EVGA fine enough, but I know if I get another one from them, I'll just end up putting on an aftermarket cooler, so I'd rather get a 670 that had multiple fans on it.

It does. But it's just RivaTuner's engine underneath...so, for example, you can use MSI Afterburner and it is going to do very similar things. YMMV...so give a few a try and see what you like.

It is actually higher on the Gigabyte at 111%. Reference boards are 170w so +132% = 225w. The Gigabyte OC is a 225w card so by setting the power limit at +111 that makes the maximum power 250w. And, BTW, my 680 rarely pulls even 100% when doing 60 FPS at 1920x1080.

Back