evga RMA

shadowbreaker513

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure where this would actually go, considering it's more of a company question than a hardware question, but this is the closest I could find. I had my second video card in 2 months decide to fry itself about a month ago. I contacted RMA, and due to the trouble, they said that they would pay the shipping, and do a cross-ship for me, and I could expect an email concerning both. Got the email about the cross-ship, and recieved the new card from them last week. However, with the 14 business day deadline before I get charged for the card closing in fast, I still have yet to hear anything about the shipping. I called evga to ask about the shipping, and apparently even though the person I had talked to the last time had told me that I could get the shipping paid for, he apparently hadn't made note of it, and now I'm stuck. Fedex told me that it would cost around $32 to ship something that fragile across the country with basic ground shipping. So basically, am I screwed? Evga backed out of paying for it, and fedex is charging me out the ass to ship this one (the last card cost me less than $5 to ship). Anything at all I can do about this situation?

The hell cost $30+ to ship across the US? Cost me $8 UPS ground to ship to EVGA...

The hell cost $30+ to ship across the US? Cost me $8 UPS ground to ship to EVGA...
Shipping was a little over $10, packaging was $22, and I either had to pay them to package it, or package it myself and pay some sort of extra fee on top of it. Shipping from Maryland btw.

Go get a USPS Priority mail box, put the card in the antistatic bag, wrap that in bubble wrap so it barely fits inside the box, and pack the rest with those little styrofoam peanut things. It shouldn't cost more than $6 or so to ship.

I will see what happened here with this mixup. Could you please PM me with your contact info and RMA#?

:D

Service with a smile.

On my fourth EVGA card, and will continue to buy them...though I havent had the pleasure (or mispleasure - who likes hardware failures?) of having to deal with them yet, i know that should i ever have trouble, it's taken care of!

We do our best to make every single customer happy to the best of our abilities.

evga trolls these boards? good to know, kudos to evga for fixing it for you. More reason for me to buy 680i and 8800gts from them.

Yeah i troll these boards when i have time. I also check the EVGAforums, which is the best place to post if you have an issue that hasn't been resolved by talking over the phone such as in his case.

Russian....you're one of the reason why I'm gettin' an eVGA 8800GTX.

Thanks.

Yeah, RH got the mod position over there deservedly. I remember you from back in the 7900 days... I think you got quite a few BR's before they made you a mod. BTW, that's a volunteer position, right? (ie: unpaid).

i was late 2 different times with mainboard cross-ships and evga never charged me. one was about 3 weeks late. they are pretty good about that kind of thing. once i put in a cross ship rma request for a 680i and had the board in my hands 54 hours later. as an aside, a couple weeks ago i rma'd an e6600 to intel on a monday evening and had my new one on friday, also a kit of g.skill d9's went out on a saturday and had new ones on thursday. these companies are starting to figure out customer service. i can remember waiting like 6 weeks to 2 months for stuff from leadtek, epox and DFI.

Yeah, RH got the mod position over there deservedly. I remember you from back in the 7900 days... I think you got quite a few BR's before they made you a mod. BTW, that's a volunteer position, right? (ie: unpaid).

Yeah dude, mostly because im underaged. :rolleyes:

I just recently bought a EVGA 8800GTX and op'd for the saturday overnight delievery warrant RMA package , after seeing this thread i feel alot better about my purchase :)

yeah, im sorry to hear that your card has died, but if they ship it tomorrow you should have no problems getting it on saturday.

Any word on EVGA letting me ship my 7900's without the heatsinks mounted? Either that or send me the screws.

Well per the evga warranty you are supposed to send the card in stock with the cooler attached. So when you use an aftermarket cooler you are supposed to send the card in as you purchased it. I can look into some screws for ya though.

Do the screws have little springs on them? I was looking through a drawer and found six of them (damn, only one and a half videocards!) and they seem to fit. I think they might have been of my 7800GTX though.

I spoke to the RMA supervisor and he said you are dead in the water if you dont have any screws to attach it with. you have to have the heatsink attached.

Evga ended up costing me something like $50 shipping (had to ship them back 2 cards, one of which was a dead card they sent me..) and 6 weeks before I got a working card after mine had died in less than a year. They sent me a defective card as replacement (I spent close to $2000 alone on these two cards). I had been a customer for about 5 years. I seriously doubt I'll ever buy from them again.

I spoke to the RMA supervisor and he said you are dead in the water if you dont have any screws to attach it with. you have to have the heatsink attached.

Easily bypassed, all one would need to do is PM or post for anyone to donate screws that they aren't using from an EVGA card.

Evga ended up costing me something like $50 shipping (had to ship them back 2 cards, one of which was a dead card they sent me..) and 6 weeks before I got a working card after mine had died in less than a year. They sent me a defective card as replacement (I spent close to $2000 alone on these two cards). I had been a customer for about 5 years. I seriously doubt I'll ever buy from them again.

Well, im sorry to hear that but evga does not usually have a 3 week turn around. Also if you recieved a DOA card then you should just have made them send you a new one for free. They have done it before. Also, how did you spend 2000 on two cards? evga doesnt sell any 1000 dollar videocards the most expensive one they have is the 8800Ultra Blackpearl. All i can tell you is that if you have issues in the future the best thing to do is call and complain and speak with a manager.

Easily bypassed, all one would need to do is PM or post for anyone to donate screws that they aren't using from an EVGA card.

Yeah, agreed. Im just saying that he needs to have screws. Doesnt matter from where.

Back