EVGA Step-Up for 8800GT

reswob

[H]ard|Gawd
So with only 3 days remaining on my 320GTS SC, I jumped the gun and decided to put in a Step-Up request for the 8800GT-N801.

Does this mean I only pay shipping? I was hoping to also get some money back lol.

stepup.jpg

They won't give money back, heck, it's great they allow step-ups in this case period :D.

You're saying that they won't reject me right? Because nowhere in the rules does it say having a more expensive card for step up of a cheaper card. Only the other way around...having a cheaper card stepping up to a more expensive card.

Others have been told they are allowed to do what you're doing, so I would assume you're fine :). Grats, and enjoy the card! You should only have to pay shipping :D.

Haha i'm sure I will! This thing will be a great space saver in my mATX build. TOo bad I couldn't select the Superclocked or SSC version.

The stepup works like this in this case... its similar to the 7800-> 7900 stepup.

If you card is worth more than the card you are stepping upto then you just pay for shipping. If you are paying more or less than shipping, then something is terribly wrong. If you have been overcharged, we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it ASAP.:D

I was going to hop in and say you are gonna expect somewhere close to #200 in line, but you are already at #198 :)

Good luck buddy.

Hehe i think you quoted the wrong guy... but from what it looks like EVGA will be shipping these out fairly fast. I mean back when the 8800s came out they were pretty fast, i dont think i ever remember hearing someone say it was too long of a wait.:D

Wow, how did you get $13 three day? I had to pay $14 for regular ground. :mad:

Oh well, I guess I make up for that by being #15 in the queue. ;)

I've got about 5 days left on my step-up on my 8800GTS 640 - you guys think I should just stick with it or go for the most expensive EVGA 8800GT I can find on the website?

I've got about 75 days or so on my Step-up so I think I'm going to wait and see what else comes out before I send off my card.

Guys, remember that you probably wont be able to stepup to the KO and SSC cards.... heck the ssc aren't even out yet because EVGA needs to make sure they are stable at those clocks.:D

i wonder if i should do it. i have a 8800gts 640 superclocked. maybe i am good though ;)

yeah, I'm still on the fence to. I've got 7 days to decide (and 7 days for EVGA to get that SSC one out)

I have months left on mine, I think I'll wait a bit before I upgrade. Maybe they'll add the better versions onto the stepup program here in a few weeks so I can get a better deal. My alternative card is some random PCI-E pulled from a Dell, so not much gaming in the meantime :(

yeah, I'm still on the fence to. I've got 7 days to decide (and 7 days for EVGA to get that SSC one out)

I just got my 8800 640 last week. I had no idea they were coming out with an 8800GT. Now i'm like, wtf?? I still have a couple of months though for the step-up. I'm gonna wait a few until I see what comes out. I'd hate to give up $150 to find out there is a new series coming out that I can step-up to.

Guys, remember that you probably wont be able to stepup to the KO and SSC cards.... heck the ssc aren't even out yet because EVGA needs to make sure they are stable at those clocks.:D
Aaaaaah...

Any idea when they will be ready? :) I have like 40 days left so hopefully I'm ok...

2 almost 3 months left on my step-up program atm, hopefully prices will drop a little in that time just to make it tastier.

RussianHAXOR,

Since the GT is cheaper than the GTS I purchased, will EVGA allow me to "step-up" and purchase 2 of the GT and pay the difference?

I just got my 8800 640 last week. I had no idea they were coming out with an 8800GT. Now i'm like, wtf?? I still have a couple of months though for the step-up. I'm gonna wait a few until I see what comes out. I'd hate to give up $150 to find out there is a new series coming out that I can step-up to.

Thank the posters that kept flaming anyone sharing info early for that... I was posting the same info that's now well-known for weeks, but just got trolled and threadcrapped for doing so :rolleyes:. This kind of thing is exactly what I was hoping to prevent with some tidbits of info, but I guess it wasn't enough :(.

I would have loved to step-up to the Superclocked or SSC versions but I only have 2 days left in my step-up period and those cards aren't even released yet.

I think this will work out to my favor quite well... yessss... game with my 8800GTS for now... get better card in a month or so for the price of shipping... excellent...::wrings hands::

Thank the posters that kept flaming anyone sharing info early for that... I was posting the same info that's now well-known for weeks, but just got trolled and threadcrapped for doing so :rolleyes:. This kind of thing is exactly what I was hoping to prevent with some tidbits of info, but I guess it wasn't enough :(.

I wish I would have seen some of your posts. I would have definetly held off on purchasing that card. Don't get me wrong, I like my card, but I would have definetly liked a card that outperforms it, and is about $150 cheaper. Hopefully there is something big in the works within the next 90 days.

Well if its that big of a deal, why not return your card and then buy the 8800gt?

Also there will multiple threads in the nvidia and video card section, so anyone checking these forums over the last month should have known there were new cards coming out (even if the #s were off)

Back