EVGA step up question:step on from a freshly RMA's card?

thabub

Limp Gawd
I just got my new 7800gt back from RMA and registered the new serial number and it says the card is eligible for the step up program. Can anyone confirm that this would work? The card I rma'd was too old for step up. I found nothing on their FAQ about the step up program either. Thanks.

If you have been without the card for the majority of the original Step-up timeframe, then I would assume you have just as much of a right to step it up as someone with a new card.

thabub said:
I just got my new 7800gt back from RMA and registered the new serial number and it says the card is eligible for the step up program. Can anyone confirm that this would work? The card I rma'd was too old for step up. I found nothing on their FAQ about the step up program either. Thanks.

It could work, however when you stepup you need to provide serial numbers, proof of purchase, and various other things. You must also provide the date which the card was purchased... I'm pretty sure you will be shot down.

I'm with cyks on this one- eVGA has been very cooperative with Step-Up requests, from what I heard- if you had your card for 100 days instead of 90, and your card was out for repairs 1.5 weeks, you should be fine if you call them up over the phone.

Back