eVGA step-up, voided if i use MIR?

black_b[ ]x

[H]ard|Gawd
I can get the eVGA 8800 GTS (g92) from newegg for $280 shipped with a newegg coupon code and mail-in rebate. could i apply all those and still use the step-up program? or should i just wait until the 9xxx cards are out since that should drop prices. I'm well overdue for a new PC though (A64 3200+ and 6800 ultra). My monitor is only 1280x1024 so maybe i just wait and get an 8800gt when they're reasonable.

6800U... Nice.

You should read the Step-Up FAQ. It's in there. I'd post it here but you should really do your own homework.

I don't notice any mention of rebate adjustments to the "original price" of the card. This could be factored in if eVGA processed the rebate, though.

Someone on the forums here is a guy who works with eVGA (either as a moderator on their forums, or actually works for them) and should eventually stop by and toss some advice here.

http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=2

That's a link to the eVGA Terms and Conditions for Step-Up. I don't see the word "rebate" mentioned anywhere on that site.

6800U... Nice.

You should read the Step-Up FAQ. It's in there. I'd post it here but you should really do your own homework.

Rebates are mentioned in the link I posted? I did a Find and didn't see anywhere that states ANYTHING about rebates. Maybe a different link? I think the burden of proof is on you now.

I've asked this on EVGA forum before and was told your step up will be credited the amount you paid for your card - Any rebates you claimed.

So yes you can still step up if you claim a rebate they will just deduct it from your purchase price if you step up :)

yeah, i was reviewing the FAQ. I would have to cut out the UPC code to do the MIR, not sure if that would void this part:

"The participant's trade-in video graphics adapter must be fully functional, be in its original packaging, with all CDs, and manuals, and be in resalable condition. Should these conditions not be met, the applicable value of the trade-in card will be reduced by 15%, with the difference paid by the participant in order to proceed with the Step-Up™ Process."

I've asked this on EVGA forum before and was told your step up will be credited the amount you paid for your card - Any rebates you claimed.

So yes you can still step up if you claim a rebate they will just deduct it from your purchase price if you step up :)

+1

I recently done a step-up on an old G80 8800GTS to a 8800GT. The GTS had a rebate of $20 which I submitted before the step-up. They took my old GTS and adjusted the trade in price -$20. I got my 8800GT and the $20 rebate as expected :)

You can cut out the UPC on the box when using a Rebate, EVGA will not charge you 15% as long as you include everything else. Even if the box is cut, include it.:D

Dont worry about it, plenty of people get rebates and still stepup.

Also, as stated above, the rebate will be deducted from your purchase price.

Rebates are mentioned in the link I posted? I did a Find and didn't see anywhere that states ANYTHING about rebates. Maybe a different link? I think the burden of proof is on you now.

:rolleyes:

http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=3

A: The Step-Up™ Program is free; you are required to pay the difference between your original invoice price, less any applicable rebates, and the price of the new card, plus any applicable tax and shipping.

Back