EVGA Store B-Stock GTX 460 768MB 89.99 FS

seems like everything's on sale tonight in B-Stock, gtx 580 for $420, GTX 480 and 570 for $280 etc. Some great deals

Wow.. I just may jump on this. Last month I was like ehhh.... I can suck it up and stick with my current card, but this is a lot cheaper.

Customer service responds quickly.

When I first got a crash, including a BSOD, I had restarted the computer a few times and reinstalled drivers and the same thing kept happening. When a 3D engine fired up the graphics would render incorrectly and then crash. After installing my backup 7900GS the computer worked fine. Customer service wanted idle and load temps of the GTX 460 and I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to get load temperatures. Well, suddenly I can. So, my computer passed Memtest, Furmark, and my BIOS says the +12V is OK.

I'm not so sure it's the GPU now. The problems started after leaving the computer on, and unattended for two days. It wasn't in sleep mode or under any kind of load.

TLDR: Problem fixed itself, EVGA responds quickly.

Careful, early GTX460s did have problems, mine included. There is a possibililty however minor that one of these defective cards gets thru Q&A testing and gets marked as B-stock. So be sure to THROUGHLY test the card before the limited warraty expires

Picked one up(was going to get a 9800gt earlier since it was $45, but might as well go with this for not much more). Anyway, I looked at prices elswhere and newegg has them after MIR for about $94-96. Then again, they're like $50 rebates I think, so I'd rather not deal with that.

If you guys are willing to do MIR's, Newegg has a 460/768 at $95 after MIR and another at $120...
I think I'd trust MIR over Bstock any day.

GTX 480 is $300-$20 MIR = $280 at newegg.

Not as good as those galaxy 768mb deals for $90 AR... plus you have full 2 or 3 years (not sure of galaxy's warranty length) warranty, while this you only get 90 day warranty.

@Rob: that 460 runs hotter, but free return shipping in the case of DOA is indeed a big bonus with re-certified parts.

If you guys had to select something off this list that would be better than an ATI 5850, what would you go with that would be a cheap route?

If you guys had to select something off this list that would be better than an ATI 5850, what would you go with that would be a cheap route?
Out of all the B-stock items, a 470 would be the next step up from a 5850.

if you are upgrading from a 5850 then you want at least a gtx 570, 470 won't give you noticeable performance increase.

The deals on these just keep getting better. My B-Stock 460 is working just fine. After running some Folding at Home on both the GPU and CPU, I did get some artifacts, but this seems largely related to sufficient cooling in my little mitx case (Sugo SG05BB-450). I improved the overall airflow in the case and also use MSI afterburner to ramp of the CPU fan speed faster. No more artifacts.

So... card seems to work fine.

How well does this card hold up to gaming @ 1920x1200? Worth the price?

:edit: I failed to read
If I were rocking a 5670 512mb in a pc with a monitor that has a resolution of 1280x1024, is this card total overkill for someone who plays the latest Sims games (my sister)?

A good quickie comparison guide for a wide range of card frame rates is available at guru3d.com. Not the end all of comparisons, but is a good reference snapshot. Note that many of the comparisons are with 8x anti-aliasing and a person would probably want to drop to 4x with a GTX 460 to get better frame rates.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/vga-charts-spring-2011/2

Wow, looks like I know what I'm getting for father's day.

SLi 460s for the yay!

I've been looking for a good deal on 2 gtx580's but I've never trusted referb.:(

have 2 of these in sli, they work great, got them during the last $99 deal, $89 is a steal

Are B Stocks new? Doesn't that mean the packages or something were damaged? Like, these aren't refurbs...?

Back