EVGA x58 SLI Micro Announced

I wonder what the price will be? I see its already on NCIX for 249 CAD, but some on the EVGA site are speculating 229 or even lower.

It will be great competition for the Rampage II Gene, though the audio on the Gene may give it the go ahead over the evga. Buying the Rampage II Gene for me would require replacing the northbridge with something more robust. I hope that is not the case with the EVGA.

I wonder what the price will be? I see its already on NCIX for 249 CAD, but some on the EVGA site are speculating 229 or even lower.

It will be great competition for the Rampage II Gene, though the audio on the Gene may give it the go ahead over the evga. Buying the Rampage II Gene for me would require replacing the northbridge with something more robust. I hope that is not the case with the EVGA.

199.99 :D

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=121-BL-E756-TR

I could have sworn I saw it listed at $199.99 somewhere on EVGA's site.

edit: beat me to it russianhaxor

looks very nice, only thing i don't really understand is the placement of the 8-pin power plug

yup its ok still fn with it. Yes the 8 pin power is stupid cable gets inthe way.

How's the performance? I'd never considered going with a small board like that, but it has everything I need, so it looks like a sweet deal at that price. Also, when I eventually upgrade away from it I could put it into a really small LAN party case... :D

Sweet. The only problem is I can't decide if I want to buy this and upgrade my rig, or buy a new CPU for my aging Gateway P-6860FX laptop...

From certain sources I would say it does not match the performance and OC ability of our GENE which has also had quite a bit more time to mature in terms of BIOS development. I personally love my GENE which is in my primary rig and honestly most indivuals are running only 1 gpu and if you are using 2 you it still has you covered. We have really come to a time in the industry where fully ATX boards are becoming questionable ( depending on your usage of course and other parameters ).

From certain sources I would say it does not match the performance and OC ability of our GENE which has also had quite a bit more time to mature in terms of BIOS development. I personally love my GENE which is in my primary rig and honestly most indivuals are running only 1 gpu and if you are using 2 you it still has you covered. We have really come to a time in the industry where fully ATX boards are becoming questionable ( depending on your usage of course and other parameters ).

Nice, but, no offense............EVGA customer service in the US beats you like Mohammed Ali.:eek:

I own a the Micro... I have an annoying pitch of sound when I scroll in IE. I did the recommend option of disabling the CxE or something of that nature and it didn't cure the pitch.

Besides that. The board is pretty good. The northbridge you can cook an egg on it. Aesthetics it's pretty sweet looking if you're into staring at your motherboard! lol. Got my D0 running at 3.8GHz. I don't know how to really overclock that much. But I'll take 3.8GHz with a 1.24v

Actually, since I currently have an Asus board and have used them the last several boards, I might have to take a look at the GENE to see what I think.

If I could have gotten the gene cheaper I would have gotten it but money is money. My board also suffer from hte s3 bug and htere is no bios fix at this time for it.

Back