EVGA X79 FTW

EVGA E777 X79 FTW Sneak Peek

As many of you know, at GeForce LAN 6 we showed off the upcoming EVGA X79 Classified motherboard, this board was a large XL-ATX form factor supporting 4-way SLI and loads of new features.

Today we are showing the model that is just one step below; the EVGA X79 FTW! This board is similar to the Classified model, but is standard EATX form factor (not XL-ATX) and 3-way SLI + PhysX capable.

Of course, 100% POSCAP Capacitors, Right Angled 24pin power connector, PCI-E and DIMM disable switches, EVBot support, full UEFI BIOS and onboard Bluetooth are just a few of the new features you can expect to see! Stay tuned for more info.

Here is a taste…
E777_Angled.jpg

Jacob's Blog

Going to pass on this... 6 SATA ports = no-go.

Honestly I am disliking the 4 RAM slots more than the 6 SATA ports.

Hate to tell you this but almost all of the boards have had their SATA ports cut down as well as the DIMMs

It looks alright but seriously, the 6 SATA ports and 4 DIMM slots is a huge turn off. Even the Classified sucks as well.

This board has everything I need/want. It is definitely on my short list.

Why the hell did they screw the I/O panel layout by adding the two eSATA ports at the bottom? Leave the damn USB ports double stacked on the bottom, put whatever you want on top, or on the sides.

Also, 4 DIMMs and 6 SATA only... come on. EVGA's new boards suck.

Not liking the layout at all.. what's with the PCI-E 1x squashed between the 2 PCI-E 16x ?

Not liking the layout at all.. what's with the PCI-E 1x squashed between the 2 PCI-E 16x ?

Why does that even matter? Every other slot is a PCI-E 16x slot.

I'm assuming they used an x1 slot there because the CMOS battery sits right there.

Why the hell did they screw the I/O panel layout by adding the two eSATA ports at the bottom? Leave the damn USB ports double stacked on the bottom, put whatever you want on top, or on the sides.

Huh? I see nothing wrong with the I/O panel layout.

No thanks. The ROG X79 that was previewed today looks a lot better. And then there's EVGA's practice of non-transferrable warranties that makes resale value crap and ebay buyers rage. I'll stick with ASUS where they base their warranties on serial#.

No thanks. The ROG X79 that was previewed today looks a lot better. And then there's EVGA's practice of non-transferrable warranties that makes resale value crap and ebay buyers rage. I'll stick with ASUS where they base their warranties on serial#.

Well, you have one of two choices. Lifetime non-transferable warranty or 3 year transferable warranty. Lifetime is better for those that don't plan to sell off their parts, 3 year is better for those that plan to sell it off in 2 years or less.

I'm assuming they used an x1 slot there because the CMOS battery sits right there.

I'd rather my X-Fi card sit about the GPUs. I don't see why they needed to move it under, seems like a really odd design choice.

All USB ports, except for two, are on the bottom. Having USB on the bottom makes it far easier to plug in cables without looking at the back of the computer. No, EVGA decided they'll fuck the layout and put two eSATA ports on the bottom. Hooray for consistency; it is so goddamn hard to put the eSATA ports above the USB ports?

Back