EVGA's technical support is awesome! (RMA story)

thabub

Limp Gawd
Recently my 7800gt co started artifacting in some games and then turned to some ridiculous horrible artifacting in the bios, boot screen, and just everywhere. The monitor was also losing signal every so often and then regaining after a minute or so. I called the tech support number and told the guy what happened and he said they would put the request in for an RMA. Less than an hour later I got all the emails saying that my RMA was approved and it would have free return shipping to me and all this good stuff. So I shipped the card off Tuesday, got there Thursday afternoon, and Friday they shipped a new card out via UPS ground. Absolutely wonderful turnaround, best I've ever experienced for ANYTHING, including non pc stuff. So in short, EVGA is the real deal, every bit as good as everyone says and I will definitely continue to purchase their products in the future.

they only offer lifetime warranty for cards still on production and on the shelfs...

TorryHolt81 said:
they only offer lifetime warranty for cards still on production and on the shelfs...
no, they dont. Its a true lifetime warranty, like BFG. only PNY offers a "lifetime" warranty for the production life of the card afaik.

Yeah I've heard lots of good things about EVGA's support. And not just on the forums, my boss had to RMA a 7800 and he had good service.
My next card will be EVGA for that reason....unless I go with the red team that is :D

Not to rain on anyone’s parade.... :)

But. I've found EVGA's RMA process to be adequate, and probably deserves an average rating at best. I’m tired of hearing about these “success” stories where it takes 10 days to get a replacement card. That’s totally what every video card maker should provide... it’s nothing special. :eek:

I also hate people raving about a over night shipment of a RMA…when in reality it seems the majority of people don’t receive that kinda special treatment.

I RMA’d one of my EVGA 7900GT’s and it took 10 days to get the replacement.

The other 7900GT that makes up my Sli combo had similar problems to the first one I sent out…. and its coming up on two weeks of RMA waiting….and I still haven’t received a tracking number from EVGA for a shipped card. :rolleyes:

It’s not like I haven’t tried either. I’ve emailed different people @ EVGA numerous times, and called once. All to get nowhere in two weeks….and to be told to call back in an hour.

I was a solid Ati owner for several years and was totally turned off after Ati decided to drop their warranties of their “built by ati” cards to 1 year.

I wish I would have risked one of the third party ati vendors now, or even stuck with the built by ati cards. After all, the RMA process of one of my 9800xt’s went off without any hitches…with a total of 10days of RMA time. The exact same as the revered EVGA RMA process. :cool:

I agree that EVGA currently has customer service that is second to none in the industry...my first 7900GT KO Superclock had the usual artifacting in 3DMark 06 and then eventually BF2 so I had to rma....you can actually do the entire process online without having to call in and they offer the option of cross-shipping with a credit card. The entire process from faxing in cross-ship info to recieving my new card (which was brand new, unopened retail :eek: ) was just over a week. The best part is that they won't charge (or even put a hit) your credit card unless they don't recieve your old card back within 30 days.

From what I've seen EVGA is the only vendor that acknowledges there is a problem with the 7k series and is truly working on a fix...because of people getting multiple bad rma cards they are now asking people to wait until an announcement of an official revised version. My rma card is working fine so far and my old card is on its way back to EVGA.

I like eVGA's RMA process because you don't have to do any actual talking on the phone to get an RMA started. Everything is online and works smoothly, I did have to call up on a few occassions but they seemed the most competent out of the all the video card vendors I've purchased from.

glad to hear about evga's excellent customer service. i have never managed to break any of the 8 or so evga cards i have owned, 4600, 4800, 6800gt sli, 7800gt sli and now 7900gt sli, volt modded/stock cooling. but if i do i guess i can expect a replacement in short order.

evga didn't go well with me. their customer service took forever to reach, also when I got their RMA card. It was needed to be RMAed again.

The first card bought was messed up, then the second.. finally I got the third and I just used it for a while and sold it.

eVGA's customer service is good at best, I was expecting more from them. However, I will still buy eVGA. ;)

So my 7900GT KO superclock has been running well so far, I've noticed no artifacting or any problems so far. I'm glad to hear feedback like this.

Back