EVO 3D Bluetooth connection problem to BMW M5

Tzzird

Supreme [H]ardness
The bluetooth connection from my 06' M5 to my EVO 4G was flawless. All contacts imported into the computer system perfectly.

Now that I've upgraded to the EVO 3D, the M5's computer seems to be stuck in a perpetual search loop for contacts. I can still dial with my phone and use the car's speakers via bluetooth, but I can not see any of my contacts via the on screen display.

Has anyone had this issue with the EVO and any of their cars?

Not I.

Have you tried a different phone? Just to see if your contacts show up at all?

Not I.

Have you tried a different phone? Just to see if your contacts show up at all?

Well like I said, the contacts showed up on the EVO 4G. I guess I could try my wife's old Blackberry to see if that will work.

Asked this same question on m5board and there's someone there that has the exact same issue. Does anyone else have this issue with a different vehicle?

What types of social networks do you have setup on your phone? The contacts in those can cause issues.

Not a problem on my '11 maxima, nor my wife ' armada.

Appreciate the input.

What types of social networks do you have setup on your phone? The contacts in those can cause issues.

I don't use social networks. It seems like there are other BMW owners (06' like mine) that have the same issue. Some Chevy owners have complained about a similar issue as well with the EVO 3D.

I'm still searching for an answer. Found these websites that pertain to my issue:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/101902-bmw-bluetooth-problems.html

http://www.evo4gforum.net/htc-evo-4...a-bluetooth-to-toyota-4runner-in-dash-system/

Asked this same question on m5board and there's someone there that has the exact same issue. Does anyone else have this issue with a different vehicle?
I have the reverse. It syncs fine. But A2DP audio through my Kenwood KIV700 + BT300 to the speakers does not work. Same issue on my Evo 4G.

I have a BMW with bluetooth. When I got the car I had the Evo 4g and it worked great. Since I got the Evo 3d, I have had nothing but problems - complaints on sound quality, system freeze and inability to disconnect and re pair without turning the car and the phone off. It's a real bummer. I also have a lot of dropped calls with the 3d, which I never had with the 4g.

In order to get your car and phone to share contacts you have to enable remote sim on the phone. This will allow the phone to transmitt the contact information via BT to the car so you know who is calling. Not all phones and cars work together as my TL only shows ph# with my HD2 and not the name

I have an EVO 3d, and the Bluetooth synchronization was working fine. My car is a Hyundai Sonata. Everything was working fine then all of a sudden I could not use my contacts to dial by voice, nor would the name of someone in my contact list display when they called. This has just happened recently. The last couple of months. I believe it has something to do with my google contact list. Google has become the main contact provider, and my phone based contacts are empty. I am currently trying to import my Google contacts into the phone to fill the actual phonebook. I like using my Google contacts but not at the expense of losing contacts in my car.

I have an EVO 3d, and the Bluetooth synchronization was working fine. My car is a Hyundai Sonata. Everything was working fine then all of a sudden I could not use my contacts to dial by voice, nor would the name of someone in my contact list display when they called. This has just happened recently. The last couple of months. I believe it has something to do with my google contact list. Google has become the main contact provider, and my phone based contacts are empty. I am currently trying to import my Google contacts into the phone to fill the actual phonebook. I like using my Google contacts but not at the expense of losing contacts in my car.

Hah, nice bump. I would think after almost 2 years, OP has moved on to a new phone or possibly a new car by now :p. But this still may be good info for anyone searching for car syncing issues.

Hah, nice bump. I would think after almost 2 years, OP has moved on to a new phone or possibly a new car by now :p. But this still may be good info for anyone searching for car syncing issues.

op has moved onto a new phone only because op broke his evo3d a month ago. :mad:

Using an old Blackberry now until I can pick up an S4 at Verizon at the end of this month. I'm so ready to get rid of Sprint.

Still have the old car. Funny thing is that the older bluetooth on there still works with older phones like a Blackberry.

The bluetooth connection from my 06' M5 to my EVO 4G was flawless. All contacts imported into the computer system perfectly.

Now that I've upgraded to the EVO 3D, the M5's computer seems to be stuck in a perpetual search loop for contacts. I can still dial with my phone and use the car's speakers via bluetooth, but I can not see any of my contacts via the on screen display.

Has anyone had this issue with the EVO and any of their cars?

I'll trade you my Galaxy s3 for your M5. :p

Back