Exact Audio Copy...a couple ?s

DigitalMP

Gawd
First, is it possible to rip a CD as one track using this application? I am aware that others will, but I am virtually hooked on the pristine quality that EAC produces.

How do I rip to MP3? Do I simply click the MP3 button on the left? LAME is configured as my encoder, but even when I select "copy" > "as compressed", WAVs are still saved.

Yes.

Compression options have to be configured under the "EAC" tab, "Compression Options" menu item.

I can't find an option to extract the CD as one file. It's a DJ set that was tracked with a CUE sheet.

I know that I could join it with HJSplit, but doing that in the past has created problematic ID3 tags, so I would rather rip it as one track.

As for compressing during extraction, I've had the Compression Options preconfigured, but it still only extracts as WAVs. Am I missing something?

Okay, I think I figured it out. Most of it...

To rip CD as one single track: Action > Create CUE Sheet > Single WAV file...

To rip as MP3, I simply click the MP3 button, I assume. But is there a way to rip as one single MP3 track?

I can always encode it after I rip it as a WAV, using RazorLame, but if there's a way to do it, I'm going to freakin find it ;D

DigitalMP said:
To rip CD as one single track: Action > Create CUE Sheet > Single WAV file...

alright, this is wrong. i thought it would create a CUE sheet AND rip to a single WAV file, but it just makes the CUE sheet.

anyone?

I figured out how to rip to one track...

Actions > Write Image > Compressed

(I may have the second selection worded wrong)

but it still rips as WAV, even though LAME is configured properly. How do I configure EAC to encode the WAV in this procedure?

Back