Exactly how big is a 8800GTS (G92)?

I had an 3870 previously, but I decided to return that and save up for either a 8800GT or GTS since I play games (TF2 specifically) at 1920x1200. I'm leaning towards the GTS, but I've heard people describe it as "big".

How big is it? I had a 3870 in this case, and I had probably about 2-3 inches of room on the backside, and that was already a tight squeeze. I really don't want to get a new case just for this video card, since it fits the rest of my gear fine.

Also, any reason I should get the GTS over the GT? I know I'm gaming at a high resolution, but the 3 games I want to play, CoD4, TF2 and UT3, and honestly, I just want the games to run at 60fps. I could care less about running at 4xAA or whatever, and I think my processor would be a bigger bottleneck (E4500, plan to overclock it to at least 3.4ghz) than anything.

The 8800GTS is not that big of a card in comparison with the 8800GTX and Ultra as well as 7950GX2. This card is about as long as the other GTS' and should fit fine inside your case. As for the performance benefits? Its got 128 shaders over the GT's 112 and it runs quieter and cooler because it is a dual slot. Its only 9 inches long, so it should be fine.

the gt and gts are the exact same length, 9 inches. i had the gt, but i spent about 40 more and got a gts. it really is worth it imho, u get a WAY better cooler, 16 more shaders, and generally speaking much higher clocks. u are going to have to replace the 8800gt stock cooler if u want to do any serious overclocking, so pay the extra few bucks and get the gts.

the gt and gts are the exact same length, 9 inches. i had the gt, but i spent about 40 more and got a gts. it really is worth it imho, u get a WAY better cooler, 16 more shaders, and generally speaking much higher clocks. u are going to have to replace the 8800gt stock cooler if u want to do any serious overclocking, so pay the extra few bucks and get the gts.
Exactly how I feel. Had an 8800GTS 640 for a year, great card, sold it to a friend and grabbed an 8800GT when I saw one in stock. Good performance increase, but the GTS 512 came out shortly after so I returned the GT and gladly paid the extra 50 bucks for the XFX 8800GTS 512 "Alpha Dog" (stock version).
It worked very well with the stock cooler@100% fan speed but I tend to slap aftermarket coolers on my cards right away. With the TR HR-03GT and a few Enzotech copper ramsinks, this card is fantastic:cool:

Yeah it's about 9 inches and about as wide as my mobo (P5N-E SLI). Luckily it didn't cover up anything. Now if I were to go SLI, then my SATA ports will be buried. Of course this wasn't a problem when I had 7600GT's in SLI but this card is way faster than those two.

Just in case it might be helpful, I'll post a picture comparing the sizes of a 7800gt to a 8800gts 512. The gts is about a half inch longer at 9" long.

Just in case it might be helpful, I'll post a picture comparing the sizes of a 7800gt to a 8800gts 512. The gts is about a half inch longer at 9" long.

This is exactly what ive been looking for too :)

Im on the point of upgrading from a 7800gt to a gt or gts, and my card currently bumps up against hard drives in the case.

is the 7800GT the same length as the 7900GT?

are the (g92) 8800 gts cards better than the ssc card that evga has? or is the ssc card the (g92) super clocked?

Back