Expanded Mass Effect 3 Ending Coming On June 26

So, here it comes, the final nail in the coffin to the ME franchise for many folks.

The original ending already did that for me. How's this going to be any worse?

As expected, it doesnt change the ending or have any additional gameplay, only cutscenes and epilogue sequences.

Oh. Boy, those cutscenes better be something TRULY friggin' special. I'm honestly not sure I even want to bother at this rate.

I've "said my goodbyes" already, so to speak.

I don't see this ending well at all on the PR front for EA/BW really.

Neither do I.

Where's my Overlord and Shadow Broker caliber DLC?

Cool, I'm really curious to see the expanded endings. I'll never understand why the endings generated as much hate as they did (yes, I have read the ME3 threads here - just don't agree with the majority of the hate), but they did need more clarity. For those that hated the direction the story took at the end, I'm sure these endings won't change that.

EA keeps digging deeper into their eternal grave. This release is quite pointless since it doesn't fix the horrible last part of the game. Cinematics don't mean jack if my options didn't exactly get me there.

They said quite clearly the day this was announced that it wouldn't change the ending. Why the hell would people expect it to?

They said quite clearly the day this was announced that it wouldn't change the ending. Why the hell would people expect it to?

If I said I was going to poop in your shoe, then two months later I do, you wouldn't be mad, right? I mean, I DID warn you.

Lame. I'll wait for the youtube videos. 1.9 gigs...

Well its supposed to vary depending on choices you made during the game which is why you have to start over at the Cerberus base. I'm hopeful. I'm sure it wont be perfect but it could clean things up enough.

Some people were in denial I think. They expected BW to "fix" it somehow.

I know people who were really hoping this would save ME for them, but I don't have high hopes it will do anything but light more fire under their asses on the PR front.

Time to grab some popcorn, a cold drink and sit back and watch it all hit the fan....... :p

Ya I won't be reinstalling for this. ME3 is done, I have no desire to play it again. The ending really did just ruin it for me and nothing can really change that.

Oh I know what this was "new ending" was supposed to be about. At least it's free right?

The original ending already did that for me. How's this going to be any worse?

Oh. Boy, those cutscenes better be something TRULY friggin' special. I'm honestly not sure I even want to bother at this rate.

I've "said my goodbyes" already, so to speak.

Neither do I.

Where's my Overlord and Shadow Broker caliber DLC?

Agreed on all counts.

Yeah there's no way this will end the anger. No matter what they come out with you'll still get the "EA sucks, BioWare sucks, he sucks, she sucks, you suck, I suck, AAAAARRRGGGHHH" responses. Gamers are an angry bunch of people. I hated the ending too but still love the games and am still playing them.

Their intent was for there to be more Mass Effect, either that or they really went out of their way to add random crap to the ending.

It slays me, given the way it looks now, that it was never their plan for the ending to be a dream/hallucination. So what are they planning? LOL Hackett told Joker to leave and go through the relay WTF? This stuff is so bad, it's good.

They said in the first place that it was only cutscenes, so I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by that. All in all it's likely to be a mediocre attempt at quelling the rage about the ending, and probably will fail to do so.

I'm not expecting much from this addon, but I have been meaning to give the whole series a second playthrough, so this coming out is as good a reason as any. I wish I could save ME1 for last and still have the story make sense. The first game was by far the most satisfying.

I'm not gonna bother playing the tripe that is ME3 again, I'll just watch the new scenes on youtube.

I'm not gonna bother playing the tripe that is ME3 again, I'll just watch the new scenes on youtube.

Word. We should get the Red, Green and Blue videos again, separated and tidily edited for our viewing pleasure.. It'll be nice to watch what happens to saved, destroyed and assimilated earth. Maybe they'll even include the wonderful colors and story book times again!

Man some of you girls sure hold a grudge. Hasn't the butthurt healed by now? I thought the diablo 3 butthurt was healing.

Man some of you girls sure hold a grudge. Hasn't the butthurt healed by now? I thought the diablo 3 butthurt was healing.

Butthurt would imply that the anger is misdirected or wrong. In that case it is not. The ending is fucking terrible on top of a very underwhelming game.

I didn't hate the game or the ending that much. But wow is it forgettable. Can't even remember what fucking happened.

I didn't hate the game or the ending that much. But wow is it forgettable. Can't even remember what fucking happened.

Rachni Queen tentacle raped everyone, Joker falls in love with a computer, Master Chief sacrifices himself.

Butthurt would imply that the anger is misdirected or wrong. In that case it is not. The ending is fucking terrible on top of a very underwhelming game.

I personally loved the game and the ending although dissapointing hardly deserves the rage it's getting.

I LOL'd. :D

I understand the outrage. You pour your heart and soul and a hundred plus hours into this game and get let down by finding out none of it mattered cause all the endings are the same aside from the Citadel being saved in one.

What I don't get is the sentiment that the rest of the games now suck ass and BioWare should die in a fire. They're still my all time favorite games cause the other 99% of them are just so fucking good that a shitty ending can't ruin it.

I LOL'd. :D

I understand the outrage. You pour your heart and soul and a hundred plus hours into this game and get let down by finding out none of it mattered cause all the endings are the same aside from the Citadel being saved in one.

What I don't get is the sentiment that the rest of the games now suck ass and BioWare should die in a fire. They're still my all time favorite games cause the other 99% of them are just so fucking good that a shitty ending can't ruin it.

The shitty ending does really hurt the third game and even the series overall. That being said for the most part all the games were excellent. But third is almost painful to replay knowing how the ending is.

The rest of ME3 was good.. but you could tell they made compromises to get the game out the door quicker. The lack of dialog options and the overuse of survival style side missions were particularly disappointing.

As an overall experience, it's certainly the weakest of the three. And the Prothean DLC still bugs me more than anything to do with the ending.

The rest of ME3 was good.. but you could tell they made compromises to get the game out the door quicker. The lack of dialog options and the overuse of survival style side missions were particularly disappointing.

As an overall experience, it's certainly the weakest of the three. And the Prothean DLC still bugs me more than anything to do with the ending.

Which all sucks because it could have been the best of the three easily. As it stands I think my favorite game overall is ME2.

Which all sucks because it could have been the best of the three easily.
Absolutely. I think if they spent six more months on it and made a few better design decisions at the onset (and kept Drew K on the writing staff!), they could have easily fulfilled their promise of taking the best parts of both games.

Oh and Javik could have been Bob Marley himself for all I care. The character was fine. Taking him out of the game and selling him on Day 1 for the same cost as Shadow Broker was lame.

Absolutely. I think if they spent six more months on it and made a few better design decisions at the onset (and kept Drew K on the writing staff!), they could have easily fulfilled their promise of taking the best parts of both games.

Oh and Javik could have been Bob Marley himself for all I care. The character was fine. Taking him out of the game and selling him on Day 1 for the same cost as Shadow Broker was lame.

I couldn't agree more.

Absolutely.

Totally agree. That Day 1 DLC bullshit pissed me off far more than the ending especially something that's kinda important like Javik. I mean he wasn't essential to the story but he was a very big part. He wasn't like Kisumi where she really didn't matter passed her mission. Javik felt as much a cast member as Wrex or Thane.

Totally agree. That Day 1 DLC bullshit pissed me off far more than the ending especially something that's kinda important like Javik. I mean he wasn't essential to the story but he was a very big part. He wasn't like Kisumi where she really didn't matter passed her mission. Javik felt as much a cast member as Wrex or Thane.

Most definitely. Not having his story and the revelations about the Protheans would have weakened the overall game. Making him DLC was bullshit. Still I'm much more pissed about the quality of the game from the Priority Earth mission onward than I am Javik being made a DLC character.

Back