Experience with NCIX??

f1tifosi

Weaksauce
Hey,

I just found a toy on NCIX that I want. Unfortunately, Newegg (my old standby) does not carry it. What is the word on NCIX? They have it in stock, but I've not heard any word on them. I'm here in the US. Would like feed back on shipping times, return experience, customer service, etc. I have had great success with Newegg, and I am somewhat leary of using anyone else.

Stupid question - video cards and motherboards, are they the same in Canada as in the US? If I buy a motherboard and video card, will it work the same down here. (I mean no insult to our Canuck brothers).

Thanks

hardware is the same, BUT NCIX charges a TON to ship to the US, and dont take credit cards either

paypal only i think for the US

Thanks for the response,

But no one else in the states has what I want. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. You are right about the shipping, though. It's almost cheaper to fly to Canada to pick it up.

I have great experience with NCIX but that's just because i'm canadian. For a american like you, you are better getting any deal from the US-based stores because NCIX is price-gouging on most stuff when exchange rates is in your favor.

But that's the rub, no one in the US has what I want. Everyone here has it on back order, and I want to start the new build next week.

I have dealt with NCIX up here in Canada many times. Great service and prices and fast. Thats my experience with them.

My entire rig, plus much of my last computer's upgrades were from NCIX. Their RMA service is great (if you have shitty manufacturers) and their Xpress RMA insurance (for a fraction more than regular shipping insurance) is superb. Never had to use Xpress shipping with them, because items always arrived within 1-2 days (probably cause im in Canada).

Also, if they sell you an item that they turn out to no longer have in stock, they will help you find a value equivalent (or if you complain, they gave me the next model up for the same cost :) )

So...if you're in Canada, thus far they are one of the best online stores I have dealt with. If you're in America, and the product cannot be found elswhere for cheaper, then I can imagine the only difference will be customs fees and possibly US customs hold up, aside from that I cant see their good service being anything different than it is up here!

OK. I just got my shipment from NCIX. Admittedly, it took somewhat longer for the package to arrive that from US retailers, and there was a dearth of shipping options, but the package arrived in great condition. Would definately order again.

In fact, I already did!!!

f1tifosi said:
OK. I just got my shipment from NCIX. Admittedly, it took somewhat longer for the package to arrive that from US retailers, and there was a dearth of shipping options, but the package arrived in great condition. Would definately order again.

In fact, I already did!!!

NCIX is Canada's Newegg. I wouldn't expect anything less from them. I love 'em!

That was the impression I got, plus they have a lot of items that NewEgg did not.

Russell said:

Agreed, I love NCIX, all my Harddrives, my motherboard, and RAM are all from NCIX, always fast shipping (in canada) and great support :)

I get most of my stuff from ncix, great place to deal with. They even cross shipped the only RMA i ever had with them.

With the exception of my watercooling gear, every part for every computer I've built has come from NCIX. Always good service.

As far as you dealing with the shipping BS, now you have an idea of what it's like for us ordering from the States. ;)

customs is a whore both ways....i order my ink for my printer from the US and all my parts from NCIX since i live in canada....i've paid well over $20 for a box of ink worth $80-100. jerks.

that aside, i love NCIX;) all my parts from there. because they're out of province, i also don't pay the provincial sales tax.

This may sound odd....but I'm having a feeling of deja-vu where I saw this same topic last week, except it was locked...

f1tifosi said:
Hey,

I just found a toy on NCIX that I want. Unfortunately, Newegg (my old standby) does not carry it. What is the word on NCIX? They have it in stock, but I've not heard any word on them. I'm here in the US. Would like feed back on shipping times, return experience, customer service, etc. I have had great success with Newegg, and I am somewhat leary of using anyone else.

Stupid question - video cards and motherboards, are they the same in Canada as in the US? If I buy a motherboard and video card, will it work the same down here. (I mean no insult to our Canuck brothers).

Thanks

What the hell did you order at ncix that wasn't available at newegg? Yes, motherboards and video cards are the same in Canada as USA.

I'm in mtl canada. I order from them all the time. Good prices (although directcanada.com is sometimes better, they will PM) and great customer service. As stated above, they are canada's newegg.

Skunt said:
What the hell did you order at ncix that wasn't available at newegg? Yes, motherboards and video cards are the same in Canada as USA.

Noctua 120mm fans. I got the CPU cooler from Performance PCs because the Egg didn't have them either.Don't get me wrong, I'm an Egg man through and through, but sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

Russell said:
QFT...also I order from mysterybyte.com, which are wonderful if you live in the maritimes.

NCIX is Amazing.

Then again, I'm local so there's no shipping fees.

Excellent prices, service, and if you ask in the right way they'll hook you up.

Back