Explain to me why ASUS sucks mokeyball...

TigerLord

[H]ard|Gawd
The following is not suitable for children:

ASUS are motherfucking monkeys !!!!

Why do they have suck pathetic service??? I e-mailed the place I got my P5NE to replace it because it fried, he told me it takes 4-5 weeks for get a RMA. I was like what the fuck is this? Why do you not simply send me another one when you confirm it is dead and YOU ?

So I said fuck that, I order a P5B instead. It gets here, DOA. BENDED, fucking BENDED pins in the cpu pocket. No beeps... nothing. WTF !!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So Now I'm out 400EUR ... I'm going to Montreal for a week, I bought an EVGA 680i for 205€ (instead of 269€ here) and will bring it with me on the plane. At least I know with EVGA, if my luck is so incredibly shitty that I get yet another bad board, it'll take only a few days to replace.

FUCK YOU ASUS! I will never buy from you monkeys again....

You should have justed called them. I emailed them waited and waited no respond. I got pissed Called them up got a RMA in under 10 mins. 3 weeks later I got the email respond. Its better to call then send them Email. They might have over 200+ emails waiting to be answer. But the Phone line can't be busy for more then 1 hour.

The following is not suitable for children:

ASUS are motherfucking monkeys !!!!

Why do they have suck pathetic service??? I e-mailed the place I got my P5NE to replace it because it fried, he told me it takes 4-5 weeks for get a RMA. I was like what the fuck is this? Why do you not simply send me another one when you confirm it is dead and YOU ?

So I said fuck that, I order a P5B instead. It gets here, DOA. BENDED, fucking BENDED pins in the cpu pocket. No beeps... nothing. WTF !!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

So Now I'm out 400EUR ... I'm going to Montreal for a week, I bought an EVGA 680i for 205€ (instead of 269€ here) and will bring it with me on the plane. At least I know with EVGA, if my luck is so incredibly shitty that I get yet another bad board, it'll take only a few days to replace.

FUCK YOU ASUS! I will never buy from you monkeys again....

Thank you for rant. Do you feel better?

FYI: It's bent.

ASUS if fucking BENT now! I mean this comando POS doesnt support SLI - I mean whats the fucking point having 16x and 4x PCIE slots?! + bios here is well confusing with its pink/red values... The reason why purchased it is coz my previous board(A8N-Sli) was fine and never gave no trouble and it perfomed way better than the 1 before that(i duno what it was but it had intergrated gfx and wouldn't let mo oc much). I regret not getting badaxe2 or i680.

i feel ya Tiger, they do have decent Video Cards but when when it comes to motherboards, i stay far away :D i've never liked their mb's

Some people just get all the luck... and some apparently just get all the bad luck.

I wouldn't bitch about their response times. I would bitch if they told me a time and then didn't stick to it though. They have procedures and that's that.

I've had a dozen or so Asus boards over the last 5 years and they have all been pretty good, and each one has gotten better (knock on wood)!

My A8N32-SLI has been a rock solid board, really no issues except I did lose a couple of USB ports, but that happened during a storm, some type of surge, but I've got like five hubs hooked to it so its not really a big deal.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, and to be honest, customer service at most places sucks these days, so initial quality is the big thing for me and all of the people I know with Asus motherboards don't have problems.

Sorry for to hear about your aggravation and hope you find a better company to deal with for you!

I only bought one mobo from asus and it was my last. It was 8x agp but the ali chipset had a problem with nvidia cards running at over 2x agp. Ali said it's nvidia's fault and nvidia said it was ali's fault so the problem was never fixed. I will never buy anything with ali or asus because I bought the mobo a year after it's release and asus never said anything about the problem on their website because they knew I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. :p

ASUS Striker is great though from what I've sin. But I just recon that its stupid not to have Sli on boards such as Commando... - IMHO ;)

I can sympathize with bad boards, but out of all the builds I've done in the past 7 or 8 years, my best two (stability wise and moderately high OCing) have been Asus boards. Personally, I don't care one way or the other, and I try very hard to like Abit, MSI, and even Biostar TForce boards, but I always have some minor problem with them. Asus' P4P800 Deluxe and P5W DH are just flat out two of the best boards I've owned. I did have an original A8N-SLI Deluxe that sucked balls, but I sold it to another guy and it worked great for him so who knows.

I've built at least ten Asus-based systems. All the latter ones were at least moderately overclocked and were 100% rock stable.

Asus CUSL2 (P200 gaming computer, built three)
Asus P4P-E (office workstation)
Asus P4C800-E (two - servers)
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe (slight problem with this one, vcore issue)
Asus A8N32-SLi (My first AMD system. SLi 7800gtx)
Asus P5B Deluxe (My brother's Core 2 Duo 8800gts gaming system)
Asus P5N32-E SLi Plus (My current motherboard)

I couldn't have been happier with all but one of those motherboards.

I have a dead P5N32-E SLI that Asus refuses to send an RMA # for. Every email response that I get is filled with engrish demanding my personal information (about one email reply from asus per week: first week was asking for name, second week asking for address) even though I had sent the board's serial # along with my name and shipping address in the first email I sent.

I'm guessing I'm just out the $250 I paid for this thing, as I will NEVER get warranty service performed on it.

I have a dead P5N32-E SLI that Asus refuses to send an RMA # for. Every email response that I get is filled with engrish demanding my personal information (about one email reply from asus per week: first week was asking for name, second week asking for address) even though I had sent the board's serial # along with my name and shipping address in the first email I sent.

I'm guessing I'm just out the $250 I paid for this thing, as I will NEVER get warranty service performed on it.
Have you called them? Others have mentioned that they got immediate RMA approval over the phone.

Call them people, I know there not EVGA but they will send you an RMA and most of them people at support will try to help you.

:D You say in the first post that you contacted the place you got it from. It is not Asus holding up an rma from a store. Before you shop at an E-tailer or local retailer find out what their return policies are. I bought a P5N-e sli from Newegg and it was DOA.
I was testing it to be sure and I Called Asus and they answered the phone and went over my diagnosis and agreed the board was bad. They offered me an RMA but, they sugessted I RMA it through Newegg as it was brand new and Newegg would simply send me a new one and Asus would repair it so it would take about 3 to 4weeks shipping it directly to Asus. So on April 12th I shipped it back to Newegg 2nd day air and I got my new board back yesterday on the 18th. Buy from the right people and communicate better. Asus has always been great to deal with, so trash away and then go buy a Dell that way you just have to hook it up and turn it on!!:D

WZ

Well I just received my long-awaited RMA for Asus, and even though after reading many other similar Asus RMA horror threads, I sent in my A8n32-sli because of a small physical defect (one of the pci x16 handles was broken), but the board was very shiny and new! Anyway, the turnaround time wasn' t bad at all, but even after much prayer and finger-crossing, I received a replacement mobo that seems to have lost that shiny happy look :(. It's lots that 'loving feeling' if you will. The main reason I did the RMA was because I work for a pc chassis company and was going to use the mobo in one of our user instruction manuals. Well, I have nothing bad to say about Asus products since this was my first purchase, but the RMA process left much to be desired. I also received a dull dusty motherboard that had BENDED :( fins on the heatpipe (one of the boards main features!). There's no possible way you should be able to send a shabby replacement for a brand new motherboard without your conscious bothering you at night. But since I am an "optimist prime", I think that Asus will correct this incorrectness.
:(

[email protected], this lady helped me tremendously when I had a fan let go on my A8N-SLI Deluxe about a year ago. She was a great help, sent me out a fan the next day. All I did was explain the problem,list shipping address and serial number. She even emailed pictures on how to install it.
I have nothing at all bad to say about ASUS. yes their web site is slow, but their customer support is great in my opinion.

their customer support is great in my opinion.

I think a better way to say it would be: "their customer support was great in my particular case".

I'm not event that demanding a customer. I just feel like I got dissed and dismissed. I even felt like it was gonna be just fine since I was helped by "Trinity" at Asus!
:D :confused: :eek: :mad: :( :confused: :(

ASUS if fucking BENT now! I mean this comando POS doesnt support SLI - I mean whats the fucking point having 16x and 4x PCIE slots?! + bios here is well confusing with its pink/red values... The reason why purchased it is coz my previous board(A8N-Sli) was fine and never gave no trouble and it perfomed way better than the 1 before that(i duno what it was but it had intergrated gfx and wouldn't let mo oc much). I regret not getting badaxe2 or i680.

Its not an Nvidia chipset so of course there isnt SLI on the Commando. If you want SLI, buy an SLI board. They have the Striker if you want a high end Asus with SLI support.

MSI was worst..... me, my brother and my friends all had this motherboard from MSI bought at different places and time (all together 4, 2 of them were identical)

they all died after 1 years time almost...... for no reason... even searched on the net and many ppl were having the same problem too... pain in the a$$.. never buying anything from MSI ever.......

This is a joke, right????
Why didnt you read the MB specs before you bought it.
Its a Crossfire Board.
Its not ASUS's fault you cant read.
If you wanted SLI, you need a Striker or other 680 or 650i board.:D

I was quite suprized to hear all the so called problems with people and their asus motherboards, I have done builds for a few friends and used asus boards, i like their bios layout and havn't had any problems. One board i've found to be quite nice (providing you don't oc or want sli) is their business platform boards (M2NBP-VM and A8N-VM) rock solid driver support and now problems. Once again those boards are only usefull if you don't oc. I have no problems recommending Asus boards.

I've had several Asus motherboards and most have worked fine for their useful lives.

This is not the issue - the problem is the crappy service you receive when and if they break. I mean even for tech companies, it is horrible, bottom of the barrel service. EVGA is a billion times better.

When they break, you are often SOL or inconvenienced so long, you are forced to buy another board, then sell the refurb Asus replacement you get. Don't belittle other people's problems, when you have an Asus breakdown and speak to a tech rep, then you are qualified to comment about their customer service. Otherwise, all you know about is your own experience with reliability not tech support.

I was quite suprized to hear all the so called problems with people and their asus motherboards, I have done builds for a few friends and used asus boards, i like their bios layout and havn't had any problems. One board i've found to be quite nice (providing you don't oc or want sli) is their business platform boards (M2NBP-VM and A8N-VM) rock solid driver support and now problems. Once again those boards are only usefull if you don't oc. I have no problems recommending Asus boards.

The problem is a lot of their "high end" boards are extremely hit or miss, their quality control has really gone south, as has their customer support.

If you look at their premium ROG line, and then browse just about any tech site you will see countless issues and problems left and right.

All companys have slumps and bad spots, ASUS is currently in one.

ASUS sucks because they have like gazillion motherboard models, all come with broken bios and the components and build quality isn't great, they also overprice the top motherboards by $100s and none of them are that good,

look at the striker extreme for example, that mobo was like $420 when it came out?
that mobo is still way overpriced and there has been 22+ bios fixes, not including misc changes and updates. That was one broken bios for a retail mobo when they released it and if it was me that bought it, i'd be extremely pissed

i bought one asus mobo and it was just a total junk, never again.

doesn't the board support crossfire? It has the P965 chipset doesn't that have crossfire enabled? I dunno you probably should of researched the board more if you we're going to do SLI. In the end, it's a user error and not so much the boards fault for not having sli. cough* my two cents. :D

When I built my first computer, it was a 2500+ AMD uhh... Barton! Cpu, and the A7N8X mobo... the deluxe mobo was the one that was the good overclocker, but hey, I didn't know any better, and the A7N8X was in my price range. My friend helped me put it together, while we were we saw a spark come off the motherboard... uh oh. Oh well, continued, got it up and running, but it died after a month or two.

It probably would have actually been better at the time if I had talked with ASUS directly, but instead I had bought it locally, so I took it back to the shop I bought it from, was without a computer for 3 weeks because they had to test it, ship it to ASUS, and wait for the replacement, then I had to go pick it up again. But I got it back and it's worked ever since... well it's died last week, but it had a good long run.

Guess that doesn't help, I never dealt with ASUS directly. But they did eventually replace the board for the shop I bought it from!

2nd board was a MSI... I'm not sure if it died after a year because of my power supply which blew up (not at the same time) or if it was because MSI sucks... still kind of weary of buying one of their boards again though. It was a 939 socket board, the nice one, Diamond I think. Meh.

I've owned the following:

P4T533-C (manufacturer-built system, no OC)

P4P800 SE (self-upgraded system, minor auto-tuning)

and now use P5NSLI (self-built system, full OC)

Based on my experience with all of these mobo's, I think ASUS is a champ. The P4T533-C came from an Alienware comp that was purchased in March 03. It died about 2 years later, but this may well have been caused by my own actions, like disassembling my entire computer on my bed in a carpeted room while wearing socks, repeatedly.

I have used ASUS with RDRAM, SDRAM, and DDR2, in that order. With AGP and PCI-E. Socket 478 as well as LGA 775.

Little has changed since my first Asus mobo, and I consider that a good thing. From the BIOS configuration to the mustard-yellow PCB, the one thing I've taken from being a third generation Asus owner is that they like to standardize their boards as much as possible. I equate ASUS with Ford and it's assembly line. Even the manuals read almost the same from one generation to the next, except for relevant updates.

doesn't the board support crossfire? It has the P965 chipset doesn't that have crossfire enabled? I dunno you probably should of researched the board more if you we're going to do SLI. In the end, it's a user error and not so much the boards fault for not having sli. cough* my two cents. :D

Don't worry about him, he got banned for exactly what you guys are referring to.....

It died about 2 years later, but this may well have been caused by my own actions, like disassembling my entire computer on my bed in a carpeted room while wearing socks, repeatedly.

As long as you were touching metal a lot before you touched anything else, that shouldn't be a huge deal... I think. I used to open up my computer near the carpet while wearing shoes or socks, it lasted 5 years. Just as long as you're not dancing on the carpet, moonwalking with socks on and then tearing your computer apart ;)

Actually, touching metal only works if the metal is grounded, which all plugged-in PC's are by virtue of the 3rd connector on the power plug. The charge needs somewhere to go, it cannot disappear on it's own. Otherwise, touching a conductor (any material that readily accepts electrons) will simply balance the charge between you and that object.

yeah, they're only great if you don't overclock. I've got a P5LD2 and I hate it with a passion. It's the last motherboard I'll ever buy from Asus. The Vdroop is bad, the FSB wall is ridiculously low (236 for my PD950ES...), and the power regulation on this motherboard is the worst I've ever seen and used.

But seriously, for most of the dumbasses here, you have no reason to seriously despise Asus and start ranting on about it, just makes you sound like an idiot. I do agree, asus has been making some really shit, overpriced motherboards, but just RMA the bitch. I RMA'd my P5LD2 since I thought the power reg was screwed up (voltages from 1.325 - 1.4V ends up to be normal on this motherboard....haha, what a piece of crap), anyway, it didn't take 5 weeks or something. It took me 3 weeks, and that's with the included shipping time. Stop bitching if you haven't even RMA'd yet. You haven't even shown any kind of initiative to getting the board fixed. It's your fault you spent that much money on these boards. Should have listened to all the rest of us when we recommended against Asus the first time, or atleast the second time to tide over the time you wouldn't have your first board when going through RMA....

P4T533-C (manufacturer-built system, no OC)

P4P800 SE (self-upgraded system, minor auto-tuning)

and now use P5NSLI (self-built system, full OC)

Based on my experience with all of these mobo's, I think ASUS is a champ. The P4T533-C came from an Alienware comp that was purchased in March 03. It died about 2 years later, but this may well have been caused by my own actions, like disassembling my entire computer on my bed in a carpeted room while wearing socks, repeatedly.

I have used ASUS with RDRAM, SDRAM, and DDR2, in that order. With AGP and PCI-E. Socket 478 as well as LGA 775.

Little has changed since my first Asus mobo, and I consider that a good thing. From the BIOS configuration to the mustard-yellow PCB, the one thing I've taken from being a third generation Asus owner is that they like to standardize their boards as much as possible. I equate ASUS with Ford and it's assembly line. Even the manuals read almost the same from one generation to the next, except for relevant updates.

Eh. Asus PGA478 motherboards were good, but they really took a downhill turn after the P5WD2-E Premium in terms of quality.

yup. But realize, 965P isn't officially recognized to run crossfire, only the 975X chipset is.

Back