Explanation of T-Line (WC'ing)

fLiPaChu

Gawd
Hey guys, i was looking through the WC gallery, i suppose what i'm saying is, i need help trying to put together a T-line, but is it just as simple as buying a T fitting and closing off the top of it (with what exactly)? I just don't have room enough for a reservoir anymore if i'm throwing all the crap inside my case. any suggestions are very welcome. thanks.

flip

Buying a T fitting, about 8inch of tubing.

As for closing the top, Ive seen people not closing the line, but keeping it attach pointing to the top of the case, that way water dont go out.

Also, go to the nearest hardware store, in the pipes and fitting section, and you will be inspired by all the possibilities you have of closing that T line.

is it different in the way of bleeding/filling by difficulty (vs. a reservoir) because i figure it would be easier since it's smaller and it can ALL be inside the case instead of a reservoir hanging out there and what not. I also think i've got enough Tygon for this to be possible, do they sell clamps @ ACE or OSH?

flip

Any Hardware store sell clamps, metal ones.

It harder with a T line, but you can use a funnel.
Place the T line just before the pump inlet and it should be pretty easy, the pump will suck the water.

damn camay, you're quick :D. as far as moisture going on in the case, shouldn't be a problem if everything's clamped in properly right? i would just fill the t-line til i see it starting to back up, don't i?

flip

Originally posted by fLiPaChu
damn camay, you're quick :D. as far as moisture going on in the case, shouldn't be a problem if everything's clamped in properly right? i would just fill the t-line til i see it starting to back up, don't i?

flip

Yup thats right. Moisture shouldnt be a problem. It will evaporate itself.

i dont close my t-line anymore since the valve I have is wayyyy too heavy for it, but I did tape a piece of plastic over the top (i have a barb in the tube) to make absolutly sure nothing gets out when I move. looks kinda gh3tto but i dont have a window :D

I have a better idea, use the cold water supply you have in your home! All you have to do is connect the intake hose your tap, turn on the cold water, and shove the waste hose into the drain.

lol, anyone got good ref. pics for a T-Line setup.. i'm not gonna bother commenting on the last post. kron, what's this valve you're talking about. also, how long of a tube do you guys keep for the "top" of the T, since if it evaporates you'd want some clearance.

flip

Go to HomeDepot and get a 1/2" cap. Don't leave it open...the water will evaporate. I wouldn't make the line any longer than about 1.5".

Originally posted by M4d-K10wN
I have a better idea, use the cold water supply you have in your home! All you have to do is connect the intake hose your tap, turn on the cold water, and shove the waste hose into the drain.

just think, you could be wasting water 24/7!!

Originally posted by Grammar Nazi
just think, you could be wasting water 24/7!!

We're already burning electricity? What's another bill increase gonna hurt? :)

Originally posted by fLiPaChu
lol, anyone got good ref. pics for a T-Line setup.. i'm not gonna bother commenting on the last post. kron, what's this valve you're talking about. also, how long of a tube do you guys keep for the "top" of the T, since if it evaporates you'd want some clearance.

flip

it was a huge brass gas valve that was much much too large and heavy. I have about 5 inches total tube on the fill line and a brass barb with 1/2" OD screw end (so one day home depot might have the cap in stock).

even when it does its tiny tiny bit of evaporation, it doesnt matter as even if it did collect in a visible amount (not possible) itd be on the INSIDE of the tube.

oh and before you ask, you fill it with a funnel, 0 problems with doing that :D

bumped to the top, another question for you guys. if i were to put a heatercore to the top inside of my case (i figured that's the best place to put it, since heat rises and all) the top 5" bay.. would it be okay to have a fan/heatercore setup like this:

=========== <--- top of case
_____________ ] space between top of case and 120s (basically the heatercore)
--------- ---------- <--- top of 120's..
--------- ----------

^ ^ ^ ^ <--- air being pulled up from inside

i hope this drawing works.

if i just made some cuts to the top of my case, wouldn't it act like a duct for the air to move out of the case? let me know if this makes sense at all =\.

flip

Thats ok. But what most people do is having a 120mm fan pulling the air , not pushing.

So basically the fan is between the top of the case and the heater core.

If you do put an heater core at the top of the case, make sure you have fresh cold air coming inside the case, by having a front intake, if not, the core will only have hot air passing thru it, making cooling less effective, because remeber , Watercooling can only be as good as the ambient air that is passing between the fins of the heater core.

this just totally made me think of ducting cold air to the heatercore... haha.. cold air intake.. sounds like i'm ricing out this lian-li .. which.. ironically is ricey in the first place. thanks camay.

flip:D

Back