Extension cable for Z-5500 Control Center?

AlphaModel

n00b
My current table placement is not really optimal for my sub, it is not located near any corner or wall. It's about 3-3.5 feet/1.2m from the nearest wall. The bass feels a little light, I'm using only 2 bars. Increasing it makes it feel more "boomy" so I moved it to a corner and it was much better very tight and precise.

Anyway, I'm thinking of moving the sub to a corner instead but the problem here is the control center. What type of cable do I need to extend the cable that is connected to it from the sub so that I can have it on my table?

Looking at the connector it looks like a vga monitor cable, would an vga extension cable work?

FYI, they highly recommend not putting extensions on the control center. I think "funny" stuff starts to happen when you exceed the factory cable length. :confused:

I managed to locate logitech's forum (why only via US site?) and there does not seem to be any extension cable available to purchase and VGA cables do not work either...

I think it is very limiting to have such a short control center cable since placing the sub is one of the most important things to do in order get good tight and accurate bass.

Oh well I guess I'll have to use the remote then...

tight accurate bass out of a logitech sub? hehehehe that thought is entertaining considering all logitech woofers have very farty bass.

and yes i have owned several logitech systems before

Xeero said:
tight accurate bass out of a logitech sub? hehehehe that thought is entertaining considering all logitech woofers have very farty bass.

and yes i have owned several logitech systems before

Well if you don't know how to properly setup a system you'll get "boomy" bass regardless if it is logitech, klipsch or any other pc speaker system. Just my 2c.

yep.... I have my logitechs z-680's and z-5500 at the front door later today.. at first.. the bass was "boomy" or w/e u call it awhen left at stock settings... the sub is put at half way in the pod.. which is a lot... put it all the way down with one notch..and depending on ur soundcard... in my case.. A2ZS.. you can adjust bass to w/e level u want. and it sounds real nice... very punchy tight bass if u know what ur doing...

but when gaming.. yoy gotta bump the bass up :p WOW

well i'll say this, out of the box, the logitechs are much more boomy than klipsch. and the klipsh sounds better w/ less adjustments needed than the logitechs

Back