External CASE lol

940guy

Limp Gawd
I was bored and i plan to make better
DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

thoughts and should i add a fan?

I have a spare customized external case that can house (2) bay drive components: (2 hard drives or 2 cdrom drives or 1 hard drive and 1 cdrom drive, etc).. You get the picture. They are not really THAT expensive and mine came with a built in power supply and I added a fan.. It worked GREAT when I had it hooked up. You can see where I chopped it up, did my customizations and put it back together (better than new..lol). However, I totally agree.. Your hard drive needs some kind of air moving around it. No air = overheat = unhappy hard drive. PM me if you are interested in this external drive case.

DSCN9387.jpg

DSCN9386.jpg

DSCN9385.jpg

DSCN9488.jpg

DSCN9486.jpg

DSCN9490.jpg

DSCN9500.jpg

DSCN9501.jpg

DSCN9507.jpg

DSCN9510.jpg

DSCN9522.jpg

thats nice

Thanks.. I had ALL of the metal powder coated at a place called TOPKOAT (in Kennedale, Texas). I did all of my own wire sleeving and added those two SATA connectors. Perfect solution if your CDROM or Hard Drive uses SATA connectors. As a matter of fact, maybe I should go to the For Sale thread and list it. Since I bought a new Lian Li case, this external case has been sitting here, collecting a little dust.

Back