Eye Candy Games

jhego

[H]ard|Gawd
So i just upgraded my system to a very decent one. I already bought Crysis and i want to know what other games that will test my CPU and GPU.

So i just upgraded my system to a very decent one. I already bought Crysis and i want to know what other games that will test my CPU and GPU.

Stalker Clear Sky will put the hurt on your system at high resolution and full quality.

Call of Duty 4, Call of Juarez, Crysis:Warhead :D, Supreme Commander

There's a lot more...

GRID, PURE, Assassin's Creed (for eye candy only), Gears of War and Devil May Cry 4.

Barbie fashion show, Helly Kitty Roller Rescue, geez!! there are a lot!!! :)

Honestly... Crysis is one of the best looking games. I'd say try out Oblivion but you have to download like GIGS of texture additions and mods to make it really shine.

Get STALKER and download SHARPER textures... a few other mods that improve the game, and I think it's a pretty awesome looking game as well. I haven't tried Clear Sky yet, but it does look like an awesome engine.

Mass Effect maxed out. Blew me away many times. Though admittedly, some parts look better than others.

actually if you put Doom 3 on ultra settings with 16x anitailsing it will bring your computer to a screatching hault, try it.

Commander Keen, DOOM, Tetris..... I can go on and on

My 386 choked on those. My 486 66mhz ran them beautifully however. ;)

Crysis
Warhead (it's SP terribly short though)
Oblivion cranked up with a few of the visual enhancement mods
HL2 with Fakefactories latest mod
Grid
STALKER
UT3 with some of the better community maps and models.
COD4

What sort of gpu setup would you need for grid and mass effect maxed out at 19x12?

My 8800m GTS did alright at 1440x900. Actually it only choked in a couple places when I had AA forced.

DOA beach volleyball, not the "eye candy" you were referring to, but it satisfies my sad nerdy desires. mwhahah

Crysis run smooth as silk with everything max out @2560x1600 on my Riva 128 !!!

Ok, i already have
Crysis
FEAR
Company of Heroes
Civilization IV
Doom
HL2

I have Bioshock and Call of Duty4 for 360

I'll check out
Call of Juarez
GRID
DIRT
TFT2
Crysis: Warhead
STALKER

Does anyone have a list of what utilizes DX10 and Quad core?

I think the only game that would REALLY use a quad is Supreme Commander...

As for DX10, there are quite a few... but not a whole lot that actually work well in DX10. Lost Planet I remember had some better graphics and increased performance I believe. Call of Juarez had greatly improved graphics with the DX10 patch, although I'm pretty sure it ran like crap.

Crysis doesn't need DX10, and actually it is STRONGLY recommended you don't run Warhead in DX10, as DX9 looks the same and has a good performance boost.

What else... there are more.

The Euro version of Call of Juarez was released in DX10. The US version was released in DX9 and then later patched "up" to DX10.

I had the Euro version ordered but got the US version...honestly it runs extremely well and looks beautiful for me...

Crysis Warhead and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance are the best benchmark games on the market. Supreme Commander is by far the most demanding game I think.

Wow, my system struggled on Crysis. I had it set to 1680x1050, all High, 2X anti aliasing. I think i had artifacts one time but mostly it was choppy as hell. I also saw my RAM meter went all the way up to 90-92%. Do i need more than 2GB of ram to run it decently? WHat would you guys say the max setting i can run Crysis with my current specs?
I also had to run stock settings one time cuz i think my GPU was running very hot.

Wow, my system struggled on Crysis. I had it set to 1680x1050, all High, 2X anti aliasing. I think i had artifacts one time but mostly it was choppy as hell. I also saw my RAM meter went all the way up to 90-92%. Do i need more than 2GB of ram to run it decently? WHat would you guys say the max setting i can run Crysis with my current specs?
I also had to run stock settings one time cuz i think my GPU was running very hot.

2 gigs is the minimum now for a high end gaming rigs. While, more than 3 or 4 gigs is not of much use yet in games. And any AA at all puts a hurting on performance in Crysis.

Just turning off AA and/or setting shadows to medium would make the game way more playable on the set up in your sig.

2 gigs is the minimum now for a high end gaming rigs. While, more than 3 or 4 gigs is not of much use yet in games. And any AA at all puts a hurting on performance in Crysis.

Just turning off AA and/or setting shadows to medium would make the game way more playable on the set up in your sig.

Thank you. I'll try that out. I really thought my newly built rig would put a spanking on Crysis. I guess i'm still on the mercy of the game.

Back