Eyefinity + bezel

Kaash

Limp Gawd
I'm building a new system in March and was possibly going to do a 5 screen setup. For those that are currently doing the 3 screen setup, did you like it right away? Or did it take time to get used to seeing the bezel. My other option is to get the dell 30inch. currently going for 1409 on the website.

fwiw - the bezels are not a problem / the world behind them is active and moving, your brain morphs it all into one landscape

i will say that i was disappointed in eyefinity when i had my monitors in landscape orientation / after switching to portrait everything 'clicked'

what you'll see describe as a 'wall' of display in front of you is accurate - my 3 20" displays are larger than my single 37" and the difference in resolution and picture quality is well worth the trouble

i will say this about a 5 screen setup / too wide or tall is a bad thing, games dont understand it, field of views have a hard time being modified for it, the hud in games isnt built for it

all in all id start with 3 and add more later once there is content for it...

i mean if you're buying this setup for gaming... you want to spend your time doing just that - not tweaking and settling and being unimpressed overall in games

In my reading on Guru3D, the new Catalyst 10.1 beta HAS a bezel management software in place, at least that's what the release file says.

Since it is so close to release time for the 10.1, I have not installed this.

It looks like we'll get bezel management in just a few days now!!! on the official 10.1s.
Look, I don't know this at all for sure, but it sure seems possible, if it's in the beta.

I have not really had a problem with the bezels. After a few minutes, you completely forget about it. I use three landscape(horizontal) 24" monitors and Crossfired 5870s.

One thing i'm worried about with multi display is also the color uniformity. The monitor link to me in the general hardware section about my post of my build was the " EA231WMi" i might do the 3 screens first, get the 24inch ips dell monitors.

Back