F.E.A.R. and SN25P audio solution

Treyshadow

[H]ard|Gawd
In the game F.E.A.R. has anyone with the SN25P been able to get EAX working? For me it is greyed out.

Also I cannot hear the dialog for the single player. I am using 2 Channels, so no 5.1, but in either instance I get none of the speech, just the ambient noises and sound effects.

Just looking for a solution or some sympathy. Maybe a bit of both. Strange that they used an MP3 codec for this game though.

Oh and when is the first PCI-e 1x sound card coming out?

I have not been able to get FEAR to run with EAX either. This may be the only downside to owning an SN25P, and may be it's downfall now that the T-Force mobo's are shipping. Only time will tell.

Yer i couldnt get it working either, i just turned hardware mixing off and the voices worked fine, dont worry people with audigy 2s cant get eax working on fear or quake 4 yet unless they use the beta drivers released a couple of days ago. i got a bit peed off with the whole souncard in the sn25p so i bought a audigy 2 zs video sound quality is better and an open al eax solution is just around the corner for the latest games.

Rash said:
Yer i couldnt get it working either, i just turned hardware mixing off and the voices worked fine, dont worry people with audigy 2s cant get eax working on fear or quake 4 yet unless they use the beta drivers released a couple of days ago. i got a bit peed off with the whole souncard in the sn25p so i bought a audigy 2 zs video sound quality is better and an open al eax solution is just around the corner for the latest games.

WHOA :eek: , where did I miss this one.... I never even knew that existed. Maybe I will be keeping my shuttle :D

Got a link to this new fangled sound card / device?

link me, you know you want to ;)

Just go to creatives site and look up Audigy 2 ZS video. It's expensive, but seems to be the holy grail for SN25P users.

Yer i only got the soundblaster audigy 2 zs video recently, i didnt even know it had been out for nearly 6 months!!, itll set you back a bit of dosh but THX certified and hell yes you can tell the difference in clarity, works as a usb 2 hub, has firewire, optical in/out, video in, svideo in and out. remote control, master volume, microphone volume, and does awesome video editing, it is the holy grail for sn25p until creative get some form of xfi working on the pciex1 slot! go to soundblaster.com for more info!

Err, uh, wait... so are you guys saying that the Audigy 2 NX does not work where the Audigy 2 ZS Video does?

EDIT: when I say work, I mean EAX positional audio w/ FEAR and/or Quake 4, BF2, etc.

canislupy said:
Err, uh, wait... so are you guys saying that the Audigy 2 NX does not work where the Audigy 2 ZS Video does?

EDIT: when I say work, I mean EAX positional audio w/ FEAR and/or Quake 4, BF2, etc.

The NX does all thta but there is a distinct difference in sound quality between the NX and the ZS series

its just a driver issue for external sound cards, eax advancedhd in the newer games wont work on the external sound cards for a few more weeks. were just a few weeks behind the internal sound card drivers thats all mate!

I bought the Audigy2 ZS Video editor from Fry's to try out with my SN26P and it does not work with positional 5.1 audio for BF2 either - when I enable hardware audio the radio voices are still messed up and many of the sounds are missing (worse than Audigy 2 NX).

Apparently the Audigy2 Video editor does not support EAX in Quake 4 or FEAR either:
Link to Soundblaster forum issue

Definitely NOT the holy grail of Audio solution for SN26P / SN25P! :mad:

dworley said:
I bought the Audigy2 ZS Video editor from Fry's to try out with my SN26P and it does not work with positional 5.1 audio for BF2 either - when I enable hardware audio the radio voices are still messed up and many of the sounds are missing (worse than Audigy 2 NX).

Apparently the Audigy2 Video editor does not support EAX in Quake 4 or FEAR either:
Link to Soundblaster forum issue

Definitely NOT the holy grail of Audio solution for SN26P / SN25P! :mad:

like i said the open al eax in those games is just around the corner for the audigy 2 zs video!

Rash - do you have any link to confirm this info? what about Openal for Audigy2 NX?

I have been desparate for any USB external solution that would work with BF2 for positional audio. Currently you have to enable hardware renderer which just plain does not work for anything except PCI Audigy2 ZS or X-Fi. Will this issue be addressed as well with this new Openal driver you hint at? I would buy the Video Editor if they get this working but would prefer to use teh Audigy2 NX.

True I would prefer to use the NX, but even better a PCI-e 1x solution Audigy. Though I do understand the latency issues with 1x so a solution may be a bit off.

Still the answer is that currently there is no solution to positional audio on either the Video or the NX.

Rash said:
like i said the open al eax in those games is just around the corner for the audigy 2 zs video!

looks around *cough* *ahem*

Anything yet? Anyone get these to work? New drivers?

Back