[F]ire: NEC 3520A DVD Burner, $38 Shipped from Monarch

This is pretty hot, it's also the retail version. Normally you only see the OEM version for $46 - 48. And with free shipping, it sweetens the deal.

I'm building a new comp for my friend, and we've been waiting on parts. This is a great price for this drive. Thanks for the heads up.

wow it comes with nero too. i may just buy this for the hell of it. i'll sell my 3500A to someone i guess.

Just in time, an optical drive just crapped out on me.

I don't need it I just bought a Pioneer........But it's so damn tempting. The Nec's are good drives and for a retail box without rebate, unheard of.

EDIT: I bought one.

Love these deals monarch has been flipping out the past few months, no rebates, no nonsense, and free shipping :)

Great deal OP

What's the difference between the 3520A and the 3540A?

Nevermind, i see. 40 supports DL +/-R, while 20 only does DL +R

djskankho said:

Besides that, faster speeds for DVD+R DL and CD-RW.

DVD-R DL doesn't interest me as much since you can just do bitsetting with DVD+Rs to resolve compatibility problems.

$42 is decent. $38 was almost en fuego. Plus for retail box, it's still pretty hot.

couple hours too late )@#$@#$ I knew I should have ordered this earlier

According to this NEC link if you flash the firmware to the newest version you can get DVD-R DL. You'd need FW 3.04 for this. There's also some caveats on it, so check the link/file first.

Thanks to the OP who found this, I wanted an inexpensive and good DVD burner, the best I did so far was $42. I picked this up for $39 (what do I care if it's the wrong color?)

You, sir, are a gentleman. I salute you! :D

I really do not need a second DVD-r drive, but at this price, my server is getting one to make backups with!

djskankho said:

Other difference: 3520A max DL +R is 4x, 8x on the 3540A.

Price for the black burners are now up to $45. Still free shipping, still retail, still a good deal...

Just ordered 2 :)

Dead deall on black or white drives. Newegg carries the black in retail box for $45 with $4 shipping.

Back