Face Lift

Defyant

Limp Gawd
The Panels for HP3-Mega will be going to get a full coat of high-fill next weekend!
This is the "spray putty" which will be wetrubbed smooth before the final paint applied.

This lil update for HP-1 works in perfect, as i can "high fill" the whole lot and paint them all @ the same time.
This Face lift, iv'e been wanting to do for a while to HP-1,

Nothing spectacular..... but wanting to include a new on/off switch from the current HP computers and a Matrix LCD to help monitor temps and control rad fans for summer.

The on/off switches for the HP's are a real drag!! they have a bad habbit of pressing in and never comming back out :p
It's just a design floor, and if theyr left alone they will work perfect forever,but once pulled apart and re-assembled a few times...... they never work the same again.

What iv'e decided to do, Is "graft" a new "backlit" atx button from one of the new HP-Clone cases!

This will fix the "dodjy" switch prob and hopefully add some class to to the front of the case.

Again! the idea is to make the mod....look as tho there never was a mod

It's not a pretty sight! this is how i brought this case :) but i was just happy to get my hands on what looks like the last HP-Pav case of this type downunder!!!

DSC01595.jpg

The first part of the face lift is the removal of the floppy section, there no need for this to be. So it is cut away and will be replaced later with a new tinted panel.

DSC01596.jpg

Next is to remove some of the old paint!! the only way this can be done on plastic is some good old sanding.
no need to remove it all! just in the main workarea.

DSC01621.jpg

The new ATX power button!

The victem is a yumcha HP clone case, originally i had try'd to source an genuine HP case to use the button, but unfortunatly it was proving to difficult to find a donor ,

I know this looks like a crime on nature! to wreck a hole new tower for one button! but its a small price to pay if it makes me happy .
There is also a "mesh" update planned for the yumcha to replace the missing switch.

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

DSC01604.jpg

Tis beutifull isn't it :)

DSC01612.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

You can see the difference between the old and the new here!

DSC01613.jpg

Time to cut a new hole!

Originally the idea was, to just simply cut a a new square hole!.......this idea was qikly scrapped in favour of a full section graft,

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

TO hold the new graft in place some tape is used on the front,

DSC01631.jpg

flip the whole thing over and ruff the back area up to help bondo adhear.

DSC01630.jpg

A qik slip slop slap! and a few mins to dray and the back is solid.

DSC01645.jpg

Remove the tape off the front and the bondo has briged the gap!

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

Next is another slip slop slap of bondo

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01642.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

allow'd to go hard and a qik sand again to level.

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

Now that the front has some strenght next tis to flip over the panel and do some tidy-up work on the back.

DSC01651.jpg

Next is to apply some spot putty, this will act as full filler and will be wet rubbed tomorrow.

DSC01664.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

Thats pretty cool. Like that button its going to look good. :D

Very nice. I love all your mods... I just wonder if you'll ever get tired of being brilliant :p. Hope not.

Actually when I saw Face Lift, I was hoping it was paying homage to Alice In Chain's 1990 Album. Awesome cover pic. Oh well. :p \

R0ck 0n!

Back