Facebook Doesn't Know Crap About Star Trek

iu

Well it could be argued that you'd only say live long and prosper to those you love.

Love is an emotion, vulcans do not think or act emotionally. There is plenty of canonical examples of live long and prosper to all kinds of people not just(Human) loved ones. So no that would not be a very good argument.

Vulcans do have emotions, but they go through relentless effort to suppress them. The training and techniques are necessary because of the potential intensity of their emotions.

Love is an emotion, vulcans do not think or act emotionally. There is plenty of canonical examples of live long and prosper to all kinds of people not just(Human) loved ones. So no that would not be a very good argument.

But, Spock is half human from his mother. So, he could have the Wow face. It'd still be a :| face, though. He felt the emotions, just not real good at showing them.

But, Spock is half human from his mother. So, he could have the Wow face. It'd still be a :| face, though. He felt the emotions, just not real good at showing them.

Spock being emotional certainly isn't totally out of character. The thing I loved about Spock in TOS was his near magical amount of self-control as shown in "Operation -- Annihilate!" In some of the novels, Spock's Vulcan abilities were considered even above those of pure Vulcans. He was a superior being with a bit of arrogance but an amazing capacity for compassion and loyalty yet still smarter than most around him. Just loved the depth of the character and that was so natural for Leonard Nimoy.

Yeah, but keep in mind full Vulcans do have the ability to have extremely intense emotions, just as or even more than humans. There is reason Surak created the code of emotional control, as Vulcans were raging all over the place and paranoid. It is a widely misunderstood concept that Vulcans have no emotion simply because of their attempt to live by logic and reason. See my second post.

Last edited:
Yeah, but keep in mind full Vulcans do have the ability to have extremely intense emotions, just as or even more than humans. There is reason Surak created the code of emotional control, as Vulcans were raging all over the place and paranoid. It is a widely misunderstood concept that Vulcans have no emotion simply because of their attempt to live by logic and reason. See previous post.

:D

Best Star Trek Reply I've seen today!

Yeah, but keep in mind full Vulcans do have the ability to have extremely intense emotions, just as or even more than humans. There is reason Surak created the code of emotional control, as Vulcans were raging all over the place and paranoid. It is a widely misunderstood concept that Vulcans have no emotion simply because of their attempt to live by logic and reason. See my second post.

"How do you feel?"

"I do not understand the question."

Vulkans had the :| wow face where Kirk had the :O Oh oh oh face.

You guys actually don't know what you're talking about. There's an original Trek episode where Spock is intimately involved with a woman. Surprise surprise he uses that hand gesture to indicate he wants to mate with her.

Learn the fucking subject before you open your gobs. I thought you guys were [H], but now I know you're [h].

Surprise and anger are the most likely to see from a vulcan (of the choices)

Klingon definitely gets anger, so that leaves wow for spock.

This would have been a great time to add a bullshit,wtf,illogical emotion.

It's a fabrication, to amuse humans, who do have emotions. It's not like vulcans would get offended because you appropriate their saying. Or is this the sjw police for imaginary species and characters talking? Humans won't say live long and prosper to all kinds of people. So for humans it can be associated with the emotion.

Yeah, I would have done not a true "WOW!" face, but just Spock's "raised single eyebrow" expression. That way the true Trekkies would get it.

As for the Vulcan hand salute as "love"? It's the Vulcan equivalent of a wave hello/goodbye.

How hard would it be to do a Live long and prosper and its only logical buttons?

"Wow" to Spock would have been one raised eye-brow. That's what that emojii should have looked like.

Spock being emotional certainly isn't totally out of character. The thing I loved about Spock in TOS was his near magical amount of self-control as shown in "Operation -- Annihilate!" In some of the novels, Spock's Vulcan abilities were considered even above those of pure Vulcans. He was a superior being with a bit of arrogance but an amazing capacity for compassion and loyalty yet still smarter than most around him. Just loved the depth of the character and that was so natural for Leonard Nimoy.

I completely agree with you... Spock is/was an amazingly deep character with so much substance brought to life by Leonard Nimoy.

Back