Facebook Phasing Out Support For IE7

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook is phasing out support for IE7 because it doesn't display Timeline profiles correctly? They say that like it's a BAD thing. I might just have to start using IE7 again because I hate looking at those Timeline profiles. :D

Facebook is starting to phase out support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (IE7). First to go is the service’s new Timeline profile; when IE7 users visit Facebook profile pages, they don’t see the Timeline version, and are instead presented with the old profile design.

Well if they phase out IE 7.0 for timeline (as a non-facebook user I am not really sure what timeline is) issues then I say the user should switch en mass to IE 6.0 and teach them a lesson!

This just shows that web developers are starting to make a move against Older none standard Internet explorers. I have built some web apps for in-house usage at my place of employment, and I decided not to support IE 6 - 7 as well. I did catch some flack from some people in the office for this. Funny thing is we did a company wide security evaluation, and those that had given me crap for not support IE6 was forced to use IE8 or better. Most moved to Firefox and Chrome... :D

It is a move that the whole world need to make. IMHO.

So half the users who only surf at work will completely miss this new feature because of company policy requiring old browsers? Sounds good.

Back