Facebook Users Combat Hurricane Irma with Household Fans

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While we all can see the humor in this, I bet there are some folks in the path of hurricane Irma that are taking this seriously. They are Facebook users after all.

On a serious note, we hope all our [H]'ers down in the state of Florida have taken the needed precautions so save their own asses. Godspeed, brothers!

Everybody Points Their Fans At The Hurricane To Blow It Away

I really hope they store all their electronics in a preheated oven.

You know to keep them dry.

I had a lady at work spill coffee on her laptop. She used a space heater to help dry it out. Ended up melting the thing, which caused the most damage. It was a nice Lenovo that had some protection from liquids (drainage holes from the keyboard), so the liquid part could have been fixed. The melting part? Nope. It was toasted pretty good.

Don't give people ideas!

To anyone down in Florida, be safe and hold on tight! Don't do anything stupid to get a cool picture or to be able to tell a cool story. Ok... moderately stupid as long as it's really cool.

I placed my PIXEL XL that stopped working after having it in the bathroom (which was too humid apparently)... it stopped charging after being in a humid room for too long... no direct contact with water. ... on the dehumidifer. After 8 hours it worked again.

Put the electronics in the oven and set it to self-clean.

Then the smoke will help the rescuers find you.

There's already another Cat 4, "Jose" right behind Irma.

Oh and there's another Cat 2 in the gulf. Wait, wasn't there just a historic 8.1 earthquake just south of Katia's position in the below map?
DJCOU_yXcAAD9U_.jpg:large

Last edited:
There's already another Cat 4, "Jose" right behind Irma.

Oh and there's another Cat 2 in the gulf. Wait, wasn't there just a historic 8.1 earthquake just south of Katia's position in the below map?

Don't forget about the wildfires in the west.

Either god is pissed, or global warming is real. :D

In any case, I hope everyone stays safe!

I live about 15 miles inland from Tampa Bay. Thank goodness I have relatives with wells not city water and Natural Gas generators that run the whole house. If Irma takes out the underground gas lines we seriously fooked.

Hope everyone here makes it safely to Tuesday

I live about 15 miles inland from Tampa Bay. Thank goodness I have relatives with wells not city water and Natural Gas generators that run the whole house. If Irma takes out the underground gas lines we seriously fooked.

Hope everyone here makes it safely to Tuesday

Wells and generators don't mean shit when your house is under 10 feet of water or no longer on the foundation but has been reloaded to about 30 square miles.

I hope all my fellow FL peeps that are in the path stay safe!! I'm up in NW FL and still keeping an eye on it.

You mean all of us up here in the redneck riviera. I think we will be okay for once.

This hurricane really is no joke. It levels buildings with ease and even tore a child from his aunts hands because she could not hold on to him (the kid is now dead). Any HardOCP:er in the area who decided not to evacuate, take care of yourself and your loved ones and good luck.

Back