Falcon Xbox 360 RRoD

Jordan1

[H]ard|Gawd
My Falcon Pro Xbox 360, purchased new 11/2007, displayed the RRoD for me today within a few minutes of powering it on. I can get it to boot successfully sometimes but it will eventually lock up within a few minutes, or just power on without outputting any video. It lasted one year and five months with very little usage--many times going several weeks without powering it on. I'm now waiting for my prepaid box/label. My question...has their been any advances since the Falcon release that have decreased the failure rate?

My Falcon Pro Xbox 360, purchased new 11/2007, displayed the RRoD for me today within a few minutes of powering it on. I can get it to boot successfully sometimes but it will eventually lock up within a few minutes, or just power on without outputting any video. It lasted one year and five months with very little usage--many times going several weeks without powering it on. I'm now waiting for my prepaid box/label. My question...has their been any advances since the Falcon release that have decreased the failure rate?

There are a few "falcon" revisions, then a separate Jasper revision.

Jasper is touted as being the "end of RROD" (doubtful but thus far there haven't been nearly as many reports). I picked one up just in case, although my Zephyr console has been bulletproof (it was a replacement for my original Zephyr that bit the dust right around the 1 year mark).

It seems its really the luck of the draw at times. People with launch systems have no issues while some use their 360 a few times a month and get RRoD. Jasper won't completely end the RRoD as the motherboard standoffs (or lack of) on the motherboard tray themselves are complete and utter shit. Heat caused the boards to bend, with less heat (smaller chips), the possibility of the board bending is less but still present.

RRoD will never be completely irradicated. At the end of the day, it's the code for a general hardware failure... and you'll never completely rid an electronics device of possible failures.

RRoD will never be completely irradicated. At the end of the day, it's the code for a general hardware failure... and you'll never completely rid an electronics device of possible failures.

word. especially 360's :D

Thanks for the info. So I'll likely get my Xbox back with the same likelihood to fail...or a revised Falcon/Jasper unit?

I know how you feel Jordan my zephyr just died no more then 1 hour ago.

Yesterday I sent out the request for a prepaid box. Today I get an email basically telling me they lost my shipping address/request for repair and to contact them via phone or resubmit my repair request again. After entering my Service Request ID and zip to check on my repair status, there is nothing there....so I just resubmit it. Come on Microsoft, lets get the ball rolling! :mad:

again i ask you where is the jasper data?

from your link

In the figures so far are 1349 dead / replaced 360s, 44 of which were falcon models.

This Month

Drive: 3
Freezing: 0
Multiple: 0
Noisy: 0
Other Red Light: 9
PSU: 0
RRoD: 31
Video: 0

8 of the 11 refurb failures were due to RRoD.

Overall Falcon Issues
1RL: 7
DOA: 5
Drive: 1
Freezing: 1
RRoD: 26
Video: 4

It gets updated monthly. As of last month there were no Jasper issues reported.

Yesterday I sent out the request for a prepaid box. Today I get an email basically telling me they lost my shipping address/request for repair and to contact them via phone or resubmit my repair request again. After entering my Service Request ID and zip to check on my repair status, there is nothing there....so I just resubmit it. Come on Microsoft, lets get the ball rolling! :mad:

I need some advice hear guys! Here's the deal. I chose to have a box sent to me. I get an email a day later--they want to confirm my shipping address. According to the email I can do this online or call them. So I try to go online and enter my service request number, but I see no option anywhere to confirm my address--it just says my box has been shipped, but it really has not, according to the email I received about needing to confirm my address first! I I got the idea of sending another request online--I did that thinking that might count as confirmation. Now today I get the same bloody email about needing to contact CS to confirm my address. I call the number, but everything is automated--I go through the options and I can't get a real person. I'm about to send in another repair request just so I can print off the label and drop the it off a UPS place...if I can dig up a box.

Here's the email...

Dear[me],

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your request for service of your Xbox console. However, as of today, we are unable to deliver to you your shipping label/box.

We apologize for this delay. There are different reasons that can cause issues in getting these shipping items delivered in a timely manner, and we can typically resolve them during a brief conversation with you to confirm a few details.

We ask that you please contact us back in order to help us update the needed information. When you reach one of our agents please reference your service request number and let the agent know that you are calling in to resolve issues with your address on your recent repair order request.

The agent will be able to recreate your order using the complete and updated physical address so that we can send you the shipping label/box immediately.

We thank you for your patience while we work to get your console repaired and returned to you as quickly as possible!

You may also be able to set up your repair service online at the link below, or you may contact us on the numbers listed below.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

http://support.xbox.com

Within the U.S.: 1-800-4MY-XBOX

[international phone numbers]

What's the deal here? :(

I forget how but you can go straight to an agent and not have to go through those automated messages.

I wish they would have told me. That or I'm missing something right in front of my face.

Back