Fallout 4

hopefully Bethesda learned some lessons from Obsidian (New Vegas) as far as interesting characters, dialogue and real in-game consequences based on your decisions throughout the game

I hope the game has more content, I think I knocked out FO3 in like 20-30 hours and I easily have 300+ hours in Skyrim. I barely played NV at all, <20 hours.

FO3 was a great game but Skyrim had legs. Which is disappointing because the FO universe is far more entertaining.

Did you complete most side quests and max your character in that time ... I spent a long time in FO3 and was maxed and pretty well explored by the time I completed the main quest ... Oblivion I have attempted many times and never yet completed the main quest (I always run out of steam somewhere in the power leveling process and before I have completed all of the guild quests)

Did you complete most side quests and max your character in that time ... I spent a long time in FO3 and was maxed and pretty well explored by the time I completed the main quest ... Oblivion I have attempted many times and never yet completed the main quest (I always run out of steam somewhere in the power leveling process and before I have completed all of the guild quests)
I cleared all map locations and then stopped playing because I ran out of content.
Doing the same thing in Skyrim takes much longer.

I cleared all map locations and then stopped playing because I ran out of content.

In 20-30 hours? you must have never stopped to smell the roses.

In any case F3 and soon F4 is all about exploration for me, finding the cool hidden things, not clearing map locations or checklists.

My final game time for the vanilla content and all DLC in FO3 was around 60 hours. It was about 80 hours for New Vegas on Hardcore mode. Oblivion took around the same amount of time for me, but a lot of Oblivion was planning out executing a plan for min-maxing my character. I never did finish Skyrim. I need to do that some day...

Im playing new vegas on hardcore atm, its easier than i remember.

I don't know why but i am always drawn to rifles in fallout i just can't seem to commit to pistols or energy weapons, or even melee.

Vermin rifle with nightscope is my baby until i get a hunting rifle.

I hope the game has more content, I think I knocked out FO3 in like 20-30 hours and I easily have 300+ hours in Skyrim. I barely played NV at all, <20 hours.

FO3 was a great game but Skyrim had legs. Which is disappointing because the FO universe is far more entertaining.

You must have blown past every content in the game and told every NPC to F off. 20-30 seems light but that was years ago so maybe I just remember it differently.

About ready to go out legion hunting, with my new hunting rifle, and companion Boon lol

CFEE97DD8010D55B2DD20EF876228E82CFF28E59

I don't know why but i am always drawn to rifles in fallout i just can't seem to commit to pistols or energy weapons, or even melee.

Agreed. I never gravitated towards any gun besides a rifle. Not only did it make the game slightly more difficult, there's a certain level of satisfaction you get when you score a headshot without using VATs.

Rifles are my jam in the Fallout universe, too. I messed around with the energy weapons with some mods because the effects were badass. The Lincoln Repeater from Fallout 3 is still my favorite weapon ever.

Never played anything from Fallout universe and really really want to give 4 a try. Looks fairly stand alone in the fact that noobs like myself can pick up the game, not know shit about 1-3 and still follow along mostly and enjoy the game.

Anyone have any comments for someone who's never played this before and plans to pick this up on Steam?

Never played anything from Fallout universe and really really want to give 4 a try. Looks fairly stand alone in the fact that noobs like myself can pick up the game, not know shit about 1-3 and still follow along mostly and enjoy the game.

Anyone have any comments for someone who's never played this before and plans to pick this up on Steam?

These games leave books and stuff lying around if you want to catch up on some of the lore. Character dialog will give you some... you'll come in and kick ass and have fun. No worries.

I have 100+ hours into New Vegas, and I didn't even do everything :/
I think my FO3 run was at least 80 hours, and same thing, I didn't finish all the sidequests.

Although the Fallout Universe is deep you don't need to have played previous games to get into a game (each of them are pretty self contained) ... if you really want to dig into the backstory of the Universe then there are several seasons of Fallout Storyteller on Youtube that cover the Apocalypse, Vaults, factions, etc. If you have the time they are well done and give you more background than you would ever need.

Their games have a rep of being buggy at first. I never had any serious bugs with most of them myself but others have. Save often and in different files.

The mods are where their games really shine. I usually get 50-80 hours out of their games with no mods and hundreds after playing with mods and DLC\expansions.

So where can I get this the cheapest?

EDIT: Nevermind, bought it from GMG with the 22% voucher. I need to work on this patience issue.

Last edited:
It bothers me everything I've seen shows console controls.

and one of the most popular controllers on pc is a wired 360 controller since the xbone and ps4 are basically pc that dont run full os instead they run a stripped down purpose built os so full hardware can be devoted to games.

I played my first NV playthrough on Hardcore, unfortunately I was somewhat spoiled with the Vault pack so water is slightly less of an issue. MRE from Lonesome road, on the hand...

I never really liked the rickety looking rifles, I used weathered 10mm pistol for a good while until I did Honest hearts, and the .45 pistol, and that became my go to pistol for stealth purposes.

I do however carry the Q-35 Quantum Modulator & All American around with me.

Me too but this isn't the first time. Most of the Skyrim videos were the same. It turned out ok so I'm trying not to hold it against them.

I dunno, the interface in Skyrim was pretty awful until SKSE came out and you could mod the menu.

I dunno, the interface in Skyrim was pretty awful until SKSE came out and you could mod the menu.

unless its changed from previous fallout games, most stuff is handled through your pip boy so unless it has more sorting options or filters its likely going to be just as clunky as previous fall out games.

I just put on my Good suit to go have some "negotiations" with Ceaser
1A5B77B21E4CD651ABA9C1BD651CD5EA10F4734F

I'm just planning to manage the pip boy via the second screen app. Hopefully they designed it with no loss of functionality. Looking forward to seeing what they did with it.

Well, I swap out my R9 380 for a 960 4GB in part because of this game and how the system requirements seem to SERIOUSLY favor Nvidia cards.

I also doubled my RAM just for kicks.

Now, all I have to do is wait 13 more days....

*twiddles fingers

Jones Soda is coming out with a Fallout 4 limited Nuka Cola Quantum soda tie-in with the release of the game on 11-10 exclusive at Target. Info found on the Jones Soda Facebook page...

Jones Soda is coming out with a Fallout 4 limited Nuka Cola Quantum soda tie-in with the release of the game on 11-10 exclusive at Target. Info found on the Jones Soda Facebook page...

oh gee that is so cool!

Back