Fan Controllers & TT Tsunami

-=WooDWorKeR420=-

Limp Gawd
Hey,

As the title suggests I am looking for a Fan / Light Controller for my TT Tsunami, and was wondering what other Tsunami owners may have done out there. As many are aware the door on the Tsunami will limit my selection on a fan controller as the knobs will interfere with the closing of the door.
Just wanted to know if there are other good controllers or ideas to overcome this complication.
I wasnt sure if using the 3-1/2" bay would allow me more flexibility with choice of controller type, I am looking to hook up (3) 120mm Fans, and (1or2) cold cathodes with my future upgrade.
I like THIS model although the cold cathodes that come with it are just cheapies.
I could always go with something like THIS although I havnt read many good reviews about it.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Any feedback would be helpfull.

Thanks
~WooD

If you don't like that Thermaltake one I think Cooler Master makes something like it.

Alright wood, I recently got the Vantec Nexus from my buddy and to answer your question about the door, the nexus has to be set back due to the size of the knobs. Also the easy installation rails for drives create a problem for installing it because the one I have does not have side rails that are full length. What I did to solve both problems was to simply use tie wraps to secure the controller. Here are some pics to explain it better.

Looks fine
dscn0214vm2.jpg

uppon closer inspection you can see its pushed back
dscn0213oj1.jpg

Simple solution, tie wraps rocks
dscn0216hv6.jpg

WarningFromSpace said:
Alright wood, I recently got the Vantec Nexus from my buddy and to answer your question about the door, the nexus has to be set back due to the size of the knobs. Also the easy installation rails for drives create a problem for installing it because the one I have does not have side rails that are full length. What I did to solve both problems was to simply use tie wraps to secure the controller. Here are some pics to explain it better.

Looks fine
dscn0214vm2.jpg

uppon closer inspection you can see its pushed back
dscn0213oj1.jpg

Simple solution, tie wraps rocks
dscn0216hv6.jpg

Thank you for the post, that is exactly what i thought would happen if i tried installing one, the pictures really help make it clear, but as you said, i think it looks fine.
Perhaps i will research some of the other models too.

Used this on mine. No problem with door closing.
Sunbeam Lightbus Fan and Light controller - Black

Market price: $49.95
Our price: $17.95
save 64%
Bought it at Jab-Tech

Back