Fan Filters

ToastMaster

Limp Gawd
I'm undertaking a small/simple Antec Nine Hundred mod project (I know a lot of people don't like the Antec Nine Hundred, but there's something about it I like, and the fact it has some unmodded cable management issues, is more of just a fun challenge to me).

I figured, that while I'm focusing so much on cable management and ensuring proper airflow, I should look into fan filters as well, but thought I'd get some input from others. I've read up on different approaches some have taken, including using AC/etc filters, cloth, foam filtering, etc., and while I've seen many different approaches, a lot of people seemed to think the aluminum/steel mesh filters offer a good combination of air flow and filtering potential. I found these at Xoxide (120mm Mesh Filter), but was hoping some of you could provide insight.

If I were to go with these, I'd pick up 3 of them for the Nine Hundred (the two front fans + side fan), and just bite the bullet on having to simply clean out the 200mm fan somewhat regularly.

I have found these are Awesome & UV, Little pricey but they look and work great!!!

25r1jfb.jpg

Many colors, sizes and combo's here>>>
http://myworld.ebay.com/markdownzone/

Actually cheaper and more pics here as well >>>
http://www.jab-tech.com/product.php?productid=2377

Thanks for brining up this thread, im thinking of dust filters aswell but only on my intakes (two fans)

does it block most of the airflow/

yep, definately a good idea...

my sig rig computer in the 900 has been running in my mates house for 3 weeks now, yesterday, i get there to find him playing games, reach around to turn the ccfl's on because i missed them and what did i see? a F### load of dust, everything was absolutely covered in dust, not jsut because he never vacumes...

never really bothered with fan filters in that 900, and i am likely to move onto silverstone for my next rig, so go ahead and do something like that, i really recommend it...

They are also on ebay where I linked, but for much more $$ I did see several online etailers who have them so if someone else needs a place and cant find a good one let me know and I will post some more shops that carry those

Not out of stock for me, but maybe you picked a different one

Been using/messing with fan filters for years and so just a comment.

Does not really matter a whole lot on what type etc. they all work decently however its the proper maintenance (keeping them clean) that really matters and so after trying everything out there including wifes old panyhose, which worked as well as anything, I have settled on the alum mesh ones and a can of "filter spray" from the hardware store that puts a sticky film on the mesh to catch more dust.

The reason why ?

I just pull em off (mine have a plastic "housing" around the edge that clips onto the fan, basicaly I epoxy glued the filter onto a plastic snap on fan guard.) and drop them in the dishwasher and they are good to go, foam, nylon, etc all wear out or will not sit in the dishwasher easily. The type a573573 mentioned worked ok for dishwasher cleaning but eventually became discolored. Foam sucked.

I have yet to see a place that has fan filters or grills for the 140mm fans I used in my CM690 case which is rather annoying. I want to chop out the case vents and put less restrictive grills in, in the hope that it wont whistle when the fans are over 30% power.

Back