Fan Mod question for Lian Li PC7x series

As you all know the PC7x series has 80mm fans a total of six. I am totally new to modding so to some of you all this is an easy solution. I basically want to change those 6 80mm fans to single 120mm fans. Can anybody offer me a how or know where i can get a tutorial. I am totally green to cutting or drilling. I know its embarrassing aint it. :(

am wondering this as well, I want a new case, but after having one with 120mm, i just cant go back

there's a way to make the intake into 120mm. i've done it before, not too hard. got no pics though. i'll have to take some

Ive got a pc75. I took the back bezel for the power supply off and used it as a template to put in two 80 mm fans on the top and side of the case. Thats ten 80mm fans. Insert some panaflo L1a fans and your pushing plenty of air and very quiet. Thats my 2 cents.

The fans are on sale right now at sidewindercomputers.com for 6 a piece with the 3 pin tail. Thats a steal for em.

I would love go that route but I am building this for watercooling. The fan controller I have only has 4 channels. I would really dont want to chain 2 fans per channel. The Rad will have 2 120mm fans which will mount just over the PSU that takes care of 2 80mms; 4 left.

the other two pair will be replaced by single 120mm fans for a total of 4 120mm fans all on thier own sperate channel on the fan contoller. This should make for a lot of air traffic.

This is my scheme at least now if I can just pull it off.

I have been inspecting my pc75 and i dont believe there is any way to switch those 2 80s to a 120 without it lookin' pretty ghetto. 120s will fit in the top of the case very nicely. 2cooltek.com has those 2 to 1 plug fan adapters for cheap. I think your going to be stuck going that route. You could sell your pc 75 and get one of the other lian li cases with 120mm fans in it.

I'm putting dual 92mms in the fron of my PC-70. Yep, dual 92mm Tornados :eek: :eek: :p

Back