FAQ for Emachines M6805

elbravo said:
This is a great forum. I have bought a Mobile athlon 64 3700+months ago, It would not post on my m6805. I tried the new bios and now I am running at 2400MHZ!!!!!!. everything works like it is suposed to, the battery life remains the same as with the original 3000+ exept that my laptop is faster thatn my p4 3.2 MHZ desktop. Keep it up guys. Great Job hlfritz!!!!!

that's great.......I just upgraded to the 4000+ and it works too!!!

As far as the hinge issue, How do you know you have a problem with them? Once they crack? I open and close the lid very GENTLY as it does not feel safe...

fenderltd said:
As far as the hinge issue, How do you know you have a problem with them? Once they crack? I open and close the lid very GENTLY as it does not feel safe...

yep. when you see them starting to crack

as the unit is out of warranty I would say, what are the steps I can take to fix this?

emachines fixes hinges out of warrenty free of charge then i would sell it when you get it bac because after i had mine fixed it was just another issue great idea behind the machine but they have problems. thats why i bought my beautifull hp in my signature.

yeah no problem know anyone who wants an m6809 thats gonna be fixed in full nothing wrong with it for 700?

hi, I know this is quite an old thread, but recently my M6805 started displaying line/noise here is the zoomed in picture

LCDSS.jpg

any idea what could be wrong? LCD Inverter? busted video chip?

Your motherboard will need to be replaced. I'm sorry to say, but that same thing happened to me on my m6811. I would be using it, and then for no reason whatsoever the screen would become garbled. Why isn't it just a loose cable? Because, when you take a screenshot (the print screen key and paste to paint) , the garble remains in the image. I would guess that you restart and the garble goes away (perhaps only briefly).

Hey guys, sorry to rehash an old thread, but I am now flicker free on my m6810! I followed the instructions on this website http://emachines.fizi.ca/ . It took about 1 hour and you don't need all the parts he says you do.

I only used: Precisions screwdrivers (a must), normal screw driver (for tightening the hsf), hot glue gun (all I had was low temp on me...whoops...oh well it still works after a few hours!), and a credit card to pry the frame around the screen (the scariest part - I felt as if I was going to break it in half!)

All you are doing is securing the lcd backlight connectors with hot glue, as they move around and become loose after time. The hot glue should be semi-permanent; that is, permanent enough not to move under daily use, but removable without much headache if you want to completey remove the inverter and replace it for some reason.

Here are some pics of my lappy (Please forgive my paint skills, thanks imageshack!):
dsc00052lx9.jpg

dsc00055aev3.jpg

dsc00054aby2.jpg

Works great for now!

EDIT: I think the thing I expertly labeled is not the ATI graphics core, but the northbridge - too lazy to fix the pic...oh well.

Back