Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition [Game Download] $5 from Amazon

Game of the millenia!

The only game I expect to surpass it is Crysis 3001...

Seriously: great game. Well worth $5.

is it basically the same thing as far cry 2? or does the DLC bring more stuff to it? I hated how slow i moved through the world.

Awesome, bought the game at Best Buy online, during the Black Friday sale for $5, but the only store that had it was about 30 min away, so I was going to pick it up on the last day to do so according to the email they sent, but they canceled my order, good thing I checked my email before I left. Assholes...

So go it for $5 anyway, thanks a bunch OP. :D

is it basically the same thing as far cry 2? or does the DLC bring more stuff to it? I hated how slow i moved through the world.

Oh, the Fortunes's stuff is just for multipalyer.

I hated the game because it had absolutely nothing to do with the original Farcry and the map was way too big and 90% of the time I spent playing was driving across the map. I played the game for something like six hours before just giving my copy away.

For $5 I would say its worth it because some people may enjoy how the game is setup.

Awesome, bought the game at Best Buy online, during the Black Friday sale for $5, but the only store that had it was about 30 min away, so I was going to pick it up on the last day to do so according to the email they sent, but they canceled my order, good thing I checked my email before I left. Assholes...

There is a cross bow and ATV that is in SP.

For people that complained about how slow it takes to move across the map, you never learned to use the busses. Shame. It was a great game.

hell yeah.. 5 bones for FC2... I never bought it but I'll bite on this one.. why not. thanks OP.

According to this and other sites it works in SP as well. http://kotaku.com/5095885/far-cry-2-fortunes-pack-expands-your-arsenal

There is a cross bow and ATV that is in SP.

For people that complained about how slow it takes to move across the map, you never learned to use the busses. Shame. It was a great game.

According to this and other sites it works in SP as well. http://kotaku.com/5095885/far-cry-2-fortunes-pack-expands-your-arsenal

Yea, I see that, to bad I could give a shit less about the multiplayer. Silenced shotgun, now that alone makes the added DLC worth it. Never seen a silenced shotgun in a game before, not that I can recall anyway. Cool, now I can sneak up and silently blow someones head off... :p

The Fortune's Pack

Single-Player Mode:

Three brand-new weapons
- Silenced shotgun
- Sawed-off shotgun
- Crossbow

Two new vehicles
- Unimog
- Quad

Multiplayer Mode:

- Four new exciting maps
1. Cheap Labor
2. Last Resort
3. Lake Smear
4. Fort Fury
- New single-player weapons and vehicles also available in multiplayer

You have to install amazon games and software downloader, you get your key after it downloads the game for you

5 Ducks.. how could I pass it up. DL was pretty quick.. like 3.8Gb in less than an hour. Time of day could have something to do with it. Anyway.. got it up and running.. runs great on Win7 64. THANKS OP! I was looking for a distraction option when my favorite WaW servers were empty. :D Oh.. and the DL version is fully patched to v1.03 so don't bother trying to install the patch like I did .

Last edited:
Just bit on it, only really interested in the singleplayer personally. It's going at 2mbytes/sec at the moment :D, should be done within 35 minutes total.

Exactly how many different digital game platforms are we going to have to install in the coming years? I will bite on this when I get home but I wish it were through Steam.

Me too and the Key that you get from Amazon will not work on Steam :(

At least mine didn't :(

https://support.steampowered.com/
kb_article.php?s=
8cfbcd60d10bc650e25b1808c3ced769&ref=7480-WUSF-3601

I was having trouble linking it that should be one line
List of games where the CD-Key will allow you to download through steam.

edit:For some reason I had a lot of trouble getting that link to work.

Last edited:
https://support.steampowered.com/
kb_article.php?s=
8cfbcd60d10bc650e25b1808c3ced769&ref=7480-WUSF-3601

I was having trouble linking it that should be one line
List of games where the CD-Key will allow you to download through steam.

edit:For some reason I had a lot of trouble getting that link to work.

Thanks and very aware of the list, but doesn't change the matters at all

I was wondering though... Why does Amazon clearly state Window XP

Platform: Windows XP

Seems to work just fine on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit, BUT I couldn't get the benchmarking tool to work. Just errors out.

Thinking they meant to put WINDOWS Platforms so MAC users don't think it will work with MACs :confused:

after you purchase can you choose to download later? want to buy this but backed out since i can't download it right away.

Thanks and very aware of the list, but doesn't change the matters at all

I was wondering though... Why does Amazon clearly state Window XP

Platform: Windows XP

Seems to work just fine on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit, BUT I couldn't get the benchmarking tool to work. Just errors out.

Thinking they meant to put WINDOWS Platforms so MAC users don't think it will work with MACs :confused:

I just like linking that list because it took me a while to realize it existed.

after you purchase can you choose to download later? want to buy this but backed out since i can't download it right away.

you can download it later or now and then do it again and again

I made a backup of the data once I downloaded it just to make sure it stays with me always and forever, don't want to loose my $5 game :p

I just like linking that list because it took me a while to realize it existed.

I am with you, when I found that list I saved it as a favorite, :D

Anyone else have any issues with Windows 7 64 and this downloadable copy of Far Cry 2? Please Post

you can download it later or now and then do it again and again

I made a backup of the data once I downloaded it just to make sure it stays with me always and forever, don't want to loose my $5 game :p

I am with you, when I found that list I saved it as a favorite, :D

Anyone else have any issues with Windows 7 64 and this downloadable copy of Far Cry 2? Please Post

Runs fine for me, Win7 Pro system specs in siggy.

even for 5$ this game is complete trash, I got it for free and still didnt want to continue playing...

The game is ok, I already got it once on disc for free with my graphics card, but I bought it now for $5 so I wouldn't need the disc in the drive to play. That way I would actually play the game ;). I finally finished the tutorial almost a year from the time I started it lol.

just for the eye candy alone it was worth the 5 bux... it's kind of fun also.. but I read it gets very repetitive.. oh well.. still fun to run around and shoot stuff. :D

Back