Far Cry 2 Mouse Lag

Am I just screwed? I get chop from hell on my 8800GTS640 in DX10. I tried the gfx_maxfps 30 command but in the display page it only gives me the option of 60...is that normal?

Is this the game going to be the one to force me to upgrade from my 8800? Any one have any ideas short of running DX9?

Am I just screwed? I get chop from hell on my 8800GTS640 in DX10. I tried the gfx_maxfps 30 command but in the display page it only gives me the option of 60...is that normal?

Is this the game going to be the one to force me to upgrade from my 8800? Any one have any ideas short of running DX9?

I'm surprised; it shouldn't give you any options. By hitting tilde (~), and typing gfx_maxfps 30 it should simply say "gfx_maxfps=30" below that. Perhaps you have Vsync on as well? Try turning that off.

I am having mouse lag as well. However I after playing a bit I didn't really notice anymore.

I'm running DX10 @ 1680 x 1050 with everything on highest settings aside from shadows which are just at 'high', and texture settings to the 2nd highest level, 2 x AA and vsynch on. This is with an E7200 @ 3.8 and a 4850.

What helped enormously was removing all the Tablet applications in add/remove programs, there's a link on the left for Windows components, it's in there. Uncheck the Tablet stuff, let it do its thing and then reboot.

It's basically removing input device shit that most of us don't need, which seemed to help a lot with the mouse lag. Don't just stop the service, uninstall all the components that allow it to run.

Worked wonders for me.

What fps do you get in that settings? I thought of getting a 4850 or a 4870 to replace my 8800 GTX but I run higher settings on mine. the CPU I have a bit more cache but then running at 3,6 gig though still I guess I have a bit more CPU performance. I can max everything out at DX 10 at 1920x1200 without aa and 4x aniso in high quality mode... I do getfps down to 33 maybe average around 40.... I have tried running 1360x768 and running very high instead of ultra high but it´s choppy no matter what settings I run vista or XP...

But the maxfps setting did help :)

HDR off helped a bit. Bloom off helped remove the lag completely! :p

I believe the issue stems from the fact that they're using a 3D surface to draw the mouse pointer rather than using a 2D DirectDraw surface or the windows native mouse pointer with a skin hooked to it.

Lazy programming...

Considering that my 8800GTS seems to choke on this game in DX10 at 1920X1200 with everything on Medium I think I will need a new card. With the setup I have in my sig...would you suggest a 4850X2, a single 4870 or a 260 GTX?

Note I have an Antec Neo550 powersupply I will be installing with the new card as well.

Considering that my 8800GTS seems to choke on this game in DX10 at 1920X1200 with everything on Medium I think I will need a new card. With the setup I have in my sig...would you suggest a 4850X2, a single 4870 or a 260 GTX?

Note I have an Antec Neo550 powersupply I will be installing with the new card as well.

You try DX9 mode yet? Performs a heck of a lot better, and as far as I can tell, there's no real difference in quality between the two (except DX10 has some of the settings forced on where as in DX9 they're optional).

Back