Far Cry expansion coming

polonyc2

Fully [H]
looks there will be a Far Cry add on for the PC after all :p :D

I love Far Cry but was not expecting a sequel or add on because of Ubisoft's recent purchase by EA Games

Recently, Ubisoft released its product catalog of titles for the 2005-2006 financial year and a Far Cry add on for the PC was scheduled for Q3 (October-December 2005)

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/article/67907

Hopefully they will make the game fun instead of making it frustrating with weak underpowered weapons, no save system, and sluggish control.

Munhihausen said:
Hopefully they will make the game fun instead of making it frustrating with weak underpowered weapons, no save system, and sluggish control.

The weapons' power was about right (the MP5 needed more power though) its just that the enemies towards the end took headshot after headshot and could still fight

looks like console goers are getting a taste of Far Cry also, If its a port, it will suck though.

Far Cry: Instinct is not a port at all. Still it´s a fps on consoles which are born to suck but it have definiatly all possibility in the world to be one of the less sucky fps on consoles.

I had no issues with the weapons or the save system. You can get quicksave if you want to but me the checkpoints was perfect for me. Especially since I ran with autoadjusting AI so I never got stuck for to long it got annoying. You tend to invest more in your game being more careful by not relying on the quicksave all the time. Call of Duty was really ridiculous in some games where you hade to quicksave like maniac on some missions to survive or repeat the exact same scripted sequence again.

Damn good news as far as I'm concerned. They would have been foolish not to realease at least one more update of Far Cry.

polonyc2 said:
looks there will be a Far Cry add on for the PC after all :p :D

I love Far Cry but was not expecting a sequel or add on because of Ubisoft's recent purchase by EA Games

Recently, Ubisoft released its product catalog of titles for the 2005-2006 financial year and a Far Cry add on for the PC was scheduled for Q3 (October-December 2005)

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/article/67907

Ubisoft has been purchased by no one, including EA. [/threadjack]

Munhihausen said:

Just bring up the console menu (~), and type in \save_game.
Instant save game. Made the game much more enjoyable, especially in the later levels with higher difficulty.

Matt.

The King of Pants said:
Ubisoft has been purchased by no one, including EA. [/threadjack]

Like he said. Farcry was done by Crytek which is a subcompany of Ubisoft.

Munhihausen said:
I didn't find anything wrong with the controls. And as far as the no save system, you should have installed the first patch, it added a save system. Pirated copies wouldn't have it though...

EA has only bought a part of Ubisoft like 20 % or something. Crytek is an independent developer and is not owned by Ubisoft in any way.

S1nF1xx said:
I didn't find anything wrong with the controls. And as far as the no save system, you should have installed the first patch, it added a save system. Pirated copies wouldn't have it though...

Far Cry has literally the most sluggish controls out of all the FPS games that I have played. The guy can't sprint. He can only jog fast, and he can only do that for 20 steps. I swear. The main character must weigh 350+ pounds, because it feels like he is carrying deadweight.

I need to install an old patch? Arent patches supposed to be cumulative? WTH, I have one of the newest patches installed (maybe 1.3), and it does not offer a save system. Ill just use the console.

Munhihausen said:
Far Cry has literally the most sluggish controls out of all the FPS games that I have played. The guy can't sprint. He can only jog fast, and he can only do that for 20 steps. I swear. The main character must weigh 350+ pounds, because it feels like he is carrying deadweight.

I need to install an old patch? Arent patches supposed to be cumulative? WTH, I have one of the newest patches installed (maybe 1.3), and it does not offer a save system. Ill just use the console.

Maybe you've just gotten used to the feel of other FPS games where the main character can run a non-stop 4 minute mile. Before FC, I was playing a lot of Raven Shield, so I thought the FC run speed was fine :D

If the expansion offers co-op, I'm so there.

Ashtaka said:
Maybe you've just gotten used to the feel of other FPS games where the main character can run a non-stop 4 minute mile. Before FC, I was playing a lot of Raven Shield, so I thought the FC run speed was fine :D

If the expansion offers co-op, I'm so there.
AHMEN!! it has realism. I'll convey these kind of negative sentiments to my brother (who's name is in the credits and works now for EA) and hear his great script response. it will be something like, F you let's see your game?

FC was too much fun. I cannot wait for an expansion. realism realism realism!!

Since I got my X800XT and 21" monitor I've been replaying the game on the realistic setting. Sure makes it last a while. It's amazing how inventive you get when you have to re-fight an area a few times.

Munhihausen said:
Hopefully shut up. The point of this thread is to get excited about more of the best game on the way. Why would you try to bring that down with your dumbass, adjustable opinion? Make a "I hate Farcry" thread, and then you'll be in the right spot.

Anyways... all I can say is fuck yes.

I thought that the checkpoint idea was pretty good, because quick save can totally get over kill... like where you fight half a battle and if you get to a certain point with 80% health, then you save. I remember that mentality. In the first Half-Life I would re-do any spot if I had any less than 90% health. That's stupish.

Munhihausen said:
I concur.

Don't forget the enemies that take twenty 100 round belts from the SAW to kill.

I actually liked the developer hack to enable a quick save system because I only get a little while in any given week to play a game. After 6 months I STILL wasn't done with Farcry and gave up.

Now I wish I hadn't nuked my saves.

G'ßöö said:
AHMEN!! it has realism. I'll convey these kind of negative sentiments to my brother (who's name is in the credits and works now for EA) and hear his great script response. it will be something like, F you let's see your game?

FC was too much fun. I cannot wait for an expansion. realism realism realism!!

Realism????

A monkey that defies the laws of physics is realism? A monster that shoots a constant supply of rockets and does not take splash damage from it's own rockets is realism? Throwing a grenade into a crowd of humans and they respond with "OWWW" is realism? A jeep that simulates the driving perspective of a DUI driver with a 3.0 blood-alcohol level is realism?

And for the love of god, a trained soldeir that can only jog fast for 10 seconds is realism? I dont care about how tired I am. If my life is at stake, Im going to be moving faster that a brisk walk.....

How about a little bit of consistency?

slowbiz said:
Hopefully shut up. The point of this thread is to get excited about more of the best game on the way. Why would you try to bring that down with your dumbass, adjustable opinion? Make a "I hate Farcry" thread, and then you'll be in the right spot.

Anyways... all I can say is fuck yes.

I thought that the checkpoint idea was pretty good, because quick save can totally get over kill... like where you fight half a battle and if you get to a certain point with 80% health, then you save. I remember that mentality. In the first Half-Life I would re-do any spot if I had any less than 90% health. That's stupish.

No, you STFU.

The game was far from perfect, and my opinion is my opinion. Developers are supposed to improve on aspects of their game with expansions not repeat the same mistakes. I want them to improve.

How people can enjoy the checkpoint system of saving games more than the quicksave system is beyond me.

Munhihausen said:
No, you STFU.

The game was far from perfect, and my opinion is my opinion. Developers are supposed to improve on aspects of their game with expansions not repeat the same mistakes. I want them to improve.

How people can enjoy the checkpoint system of saving games more than the quicksave system is beyond me.
You missed the point, pal. No one reading this thread wants to hear the same old criticism. We've heard it all before. I do agree that improving the game moreso would be good, but whatever, it's great as it is.

Munhihausen said:
Realism????

A monkey that defies the laws of physics is realism? A monster that shoots a constant supply of rockets and does not take splash damage from it's own rockets is realism? Throwing a grenade into a crowd of humans and they respond with "OWWW" is realism? A jeep that simulates the driving perspective of a DUI driver with a 3.0 blood-alcohol level is realism?

And for the love of god, a trained soldeir that can only jog fast for 10 seconds is realism? I dont care about how tired I am. If my life is at stake, Im going to be moving faster that a brisk walk.....

How about a little bit of consistency?
I can wholeheartedly agree that there are things that need work but its a damn good start. very few even equate "realism mathematics" into game play. I'll back anything that attempts to break away from the norm and squash the "awp whore's" game play

you best be paying for your games Munhihausen or you really have no right to bitch. since you're so opinionated, going off topic and throwing stfu's around, where's your game?

...huh? yeah thought so :D

G'ßöö said:
I can wholeheartedly agree that there are things that need work but its a damn good start. very few even equate "realism mathematics" into game play. I'll back anything that attempts to break away from the norm and squash the "awp whore's" game play

you best be paying for your games Munhihausen or you really have no right to bitch. since you're so opinionated, going off topic and throwing stfu's around, where's your game?

...huh? yeah thought so :D

LOL is "Munhihausen" an evil doers name or something?

:p

Why are people accusing me of not paying for my games? Of course I paid. I may try to get my games at "crack head" prices, but the transactions are legitimate.

I gotta stick up for it cause I like it. I'll respect your opinion more if you pay. I won't rant why, it just is

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Sweet, I loved FC...it was a lot better than HL2/D3 imo

I concur, I enjoyed it more than Half-Life 2 (I know, shoot me :p) and definately more than Doom 3 (<--- DUH :rolleyes: ). I can't wait for the expansion! :D

Back