FarCry 2 and Stalker Clear Sky $3 each

I patched Clear Sky to 1.5.08. Are there any mods I should install before playing?

You should make a thread in PC gaming and ask or do some searching because I am almost positive there have been some threads that went through all the good mods. They could be gone now though because of the forum issues.

I patched Clear Sky to 1.5.08. Are there any mods I should install before playing?

Weight mod, love the game but the weight system is ridiculous and you'll spend most of the game sprinting. Install it before you play, it deleted my saves -_- but I don't care since its one of my favorite games. I own the steam version since the holiday sale. BTW Clear sky is @5$ on newegg.

K, got all 4 coppies of CS yesterday :) Gotta install GF's copy and wait untill I get a PC so I can use my copy but GF's son and daughter got thiers installed last night :)

Yeah. I Clear Sky and RB6V2 got in yesterday. Newegg normally sends out shipping confirmation through delivery, right? I remember checking a day or so after ordering (not getting any sort of e-mail what-so-ever) and saw that it had a tracking number and had shipped.

It says "This item can only be purchased with a combo or bundle."

So how can I buy Stalker Clear Sky without buying something else?

It says "This item can only be purchased with a combo or bundle."

So how can I buy Stalker Clear Sky without buying something else?

It was a messup on newegg's part. The 3.01 games were a promotional item that should have only been allowed to be purchased with certain hardware.

They fixed it fairly quickly but a bunch of people got games. I did

Use this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832193024
$17.99 which is still a good price. Free shipping also.

Jealous, although I would have only been in for Stalker... already own the two other games.

I received my copy of Stalker CS and Far Cry 2 yesterday from UPS, I was a little worried that Newegg wouldn't honour this deal since I didn't receive any shipping confirmation in my email. Both games work fine on my PC, no issues with CD-KEY.

Thanks again for the steal.

Wanna team up for some coop play?

I just got the game awhile ago and it seemed single player coop is eeeeemmmmppty!

Yeah. I Clear Sky and RB6V2 got in yesterday. Newegg normally sends out shipping confirmation through delivery, right? I remember checking a day or so after ordering (not getting any sort of e-mail what-so-ever) and saw that it had a tracking number and had shipped.

For those that missed this deal, my local Target has Far Cry 2 and the Rainbow 6 Clancy game for $13.87 on clearance. YMMV

on clearance. YMMV

Clearance?

I finally played this for a couple of hours last night, and now I actually quite like the game. Looks pretty good.

Don't understand the player's reviews.

If this is a bad game (that I like), then I can't imagine how much I'll like a good game!

its boring, repititive, and lame. thats all i can say about far cry 2.

for $3, i'd buy it. I made the mistake of sp[ending $40 on it. biggest waste of money ever.

Got FC2 Stalker and Rainbow six vegas 2 all for 9.03 :)

great deal if you ask me, i should just craiglist em

its boring, repititive, and lame. thats all i can say about far cry 2.

for $3, i'd buy it. I made the mistake of sp[ending $40 on it. biggest waste of money ever.

I did kind of want to comment on that. I hope I'm not giving anything away, though...

But what bugged me is that my second mission/assignment/whatever took me to the south-east tip seemingly of Africa itself (big map)... What bugged me was the very next mission is at the extreme NW tip... Basically the other side of Africa!?

I know making me drive around for 20-30 min for each mission makes the game SEEM longer, but it did appear to me to be a LAME way of accomplishing it...

If I want to drive around for hours, I'll play Test Drive Unlimited!!!

(Is this part of what people are getting at??? Besides the fact that in that 20-min drive I'm going to be attacked by someone every 20 seconds!?)

If that's what you are getting at, I think I might start agreeing... If not, then maybe explain, or I need to play it more...

Oh, another thing I noticed... I basically just started, have only accomplished three things... And I am 8% done already!? I can complete this game in a matter of a few night's of gameplay???

(a big, open map and etc suggested to me more than 12-24 hrs of gameplay...)

No wonder there's DLC available!

Okay, I just played another hour...

The next three missions were all the same thing...

I second your "BRL" sentiment...

Sucks for anyone who paid $40+!

hehe.

oh, and i did. most regretted purchase of a game in my life. no wonder people pirate software so much.

Crap. I can't buy them without adding them to a combo or a bundle -.-
Did I miss the deal or something?

So I patched up vegas 2 and well to find out its the german version so theres like 3 servers online :( Guess its only good for single player.

I actually enjoyed the hell out of far cry 2. Ran around with the bolt-action sniper and an uzi the whole game. Walked and took the bus..never drove. We all know the story wasn't all that great, but there were ways to have fun. My two cents....

I must be doing something wrong, because after the first hour of play, the next four hours have been nothing but "drive to other side of the map, blow up convoy..."

Really!?!?

online coop?

i am in NY...

edit: oh wait...urs is german version...not sure if we could do this!

So I patched up vegas 2 and well to find out its the german version so theres like 3 servers online :( Guess its only good for single player.

I must be doing something wrong, because after the first hour of play, the next four hours have been nothing but "drive to other side of the map, blow up convoy..."

Really!?!?

That's the thing...if you walk most of time, you get to ambush all the sods along the way. If you're driving and taking the bus everywhere just to complete those stupid missions, then it gets boring. I limited myself to certain weapons and walked everywhere. If you use all the crap the game gives you, like the rocket launcher, etc. then I would imagine it would get old quick. I would take out convoys on foot...shooting for the gas cans, gas tank etc. Then it's a bit more fun...

That's the thing...if you walk most of time, you get to ambush all the sods along the way. If you're driving and taking the bus everywhere just to complete those stupid missions, then it gets boring. I limited myself to certain weapons and walked everywhere. If you use all the crap the game gives you, like the rocket launcher, etc. then I would imagine it would get old quick. I would take out convoys on foot...shooting for the gas cans, gas tank etc. Then it's a bit more fun...

Walking for an hr versus driving for 20 min increases the excitement?

Besides that (in case you are joking...), the AI is weird... if you miss the convoy, don't worry, IT DRIVES AROUND IN CIRCLES AND WILL BE RIGHT BACK IN A FEW MINUTES!??

WTF!?

That's pretty stupid, and really kills any immersion into the game...

Before you say I'm just hating on it, I'm still playing it... But I'm losing my interest pretty darn quick... I can't seem now though to figure out how to get a mission besides the ones the arms dealers give you to go blow up the competition's supply... BORING...

I'll try your running around approach though (in case you were serious?)

I'll try your running around approach though (in case you were serious?)

Believe it or not I was serious. I just enjoyed running around sniping, ambushing, and hacking. The plot of the game had nothing to do with my enjoyment of it.

Believe it or not I was serious. I just enjoyed running around sniping, ambushing, and hacking. The plot of the game had nothing to do with my enjoyment of it.

Then I'll try it. I'm almost desperate to like the game...

But I don't understand why convoy-destroying mission have been my last eight missions... The first two or three were cool, then I hurt a buddy (but saved him), and now everything is convoy missions from arms dealers... Am I doing something wrong?

I can't believe these convoy missions are what I am supposed to be doing... Do I need to go somewhere and meet up with a buddy?

In the beginning I would get non-stop cell phone calls... I haven't had one in several hours now of gameplay... I think there's something I need to do that I am not doing?

Walking isn't a bad idea, anyway... Half the time it was too dark to see the road, and just too hard to understand WHERE the road was in some areas... I kept driving off the road...

BTW - it appears to make great use of multi-core configs... best game yet that I've seen do it... both cores around 90%... but it becomes a slideshow sometimes... Dunno if it's my CPU limiting it, my GPU (4870 512MB), or other... But when there's not much action, it's avg 30 fps... 2560x1600 mind you, though lowering the res doesn't help, which suggests a CPU limitation...

I know making me drive around for 20-30 min for each mission makes the game SEEM longer, but it did appear to me to be a LAME way of accomplishing it...

If I want to drive around for hours, I'll play Test Drive Unlimited!!!

Take the bus.

Back