Farcry graphics issues

Mekanic01

Gawd
If this belongs in the video card forums, then feel free to move it there. I'm just posting it here becuase it's only with Farcry.

Anyway. In Farcry, my graphics are screwy for some reason. The ground is white with no texture, and the trees were the same, but somehow I managed to fix that, well, sorta. I have tried every possible combination of video settings, but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

61.77 Drivers, can't use the latest due to SWG being a bit behind on graphics support.

Haven't tried the patch yet though.

Far Cry is heap big plenty buggy. I had a problem with the ground being black with tufts of grass dotted here and there. Patch 1.3 will sort it out.

do you guys know if 512MB dual channel RAM is enough for this game, or better of with 1G. My system in the 1st one in my sig.

Well, I had the option of going with cheap 1GB of RAM or 512 Corsair XL ram... I bought the 512, ran FarCry for a while, and then bought another 512 stick... you can run it fine on Very High, no HDR for you though... it might jump at times too

Mekanic01 said:
61.77 Drivers, can't use the latest due to SWG being a bit behind on graphics support.

Haven't tried the patch yet though.

You are still playing that poor excuse for a game ? (SWG)

xyoufailmex : yeah I am thinking of getting more ram. But I think my problem might be that I need the 1.3 patch. I might as well get more ram since I am planning to play Doom3 and HL2. Now what setting did you set up for the game?

Halflife 2 isnt nearly as demanding as FarCry or Doom 3...

Run very high on all of them, it'll just be jumpy.... Kick it down a notch if so... I dont know what its like on a 128mb video card..

If you have 1GB, you might be able to run HDR mode at some slow FPS on that 6600gt, though a 6800gt is really needed for that... its beautiful though.

Back