fast write?

karnick

Limp Gawd
Ok I know with most ATI cards, AGP Fast write is supposed to be disabled.. i have a BFG 6800 GT OC.. what should i put my AGP Fast Write to?

leave it on then run some benchmarks or game slike 3dmark03 or something and see if you get pauses, which will lower ur score significantelym i have my ultra and i turned it off after all thiose long pauses

karnick said:
Ok I know with most ATI cards, AGP Fast write is supposed to be disabled

^thats not true. i ran my 9800Pro and my current x800 with fast writes on forever and had zero problems.

keep fast writes on unless you experience stabilty issues.

I had a problem with my 9700p crashing to 640x480 with something like 4 bit colour, with fastwrites enabled. My 6800GT however, runs fine with it.

keep fast writes on unless you experience stabilty issues.
^Best advice.

Having AGP fast writes on causes my device drivers to fail, i get that 0000000000a error IRQ_not equal nonsense. I turn it off and everything works well, I have isolated the issue to that. I have the VIA chipset, i remember reading a long time ago that it had a issue with fast writes on some cards.

On the bright side i can enable 1 WS on the card and still be stable, although i'm not overclocking.

So i fully agree with that last statement, if fast writes are stable leave them on. If they are unstable and give you BSOD like mine does, turn it off.

Easy.

Back