Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Sprint

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • T-Mobile

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

aFive

2[H]4U
We all know that Verizon is probably has the most reliable network in the states. But, is it the fastest? With their LTE roll out, their network screams fast, but it isn't everywhere yet. Who do you guys think has an overall fastest network in the states?

I'd say Verizon. I almost want to switch to them for faster speeds, but I'm going to stick with Sprint since they are going to start deploying 4G LTE this year. I seriously doubt I'll see 4G LTE where I live anytime soon, but I work in Tampa and Orlando a lot, so hopefully one of those markets will get it much faster.

AT&T's nationwide 3G network still offers the best balance of speed and performance outside major cities, but the giant carrier is struggling in big cities against Verizon's LTE network and T-Mobile's nimble HSPA+ technology. AT&T is moving to HSPA+ 21 right now and plans to introduce an LTE network this summer, so we could see the carrier's position recover in 2012.

Atlanta is one of AT&T's LTE cities. I don't know how they compare to Verizon's LTE in Atlanta, though.

Sprint is kinda slow at North Sacramento 95834/95835. My cousin's iPhone 4S on ATT was able to get 4MB down, while my Photon 4G got a whole lot less than that. :(

sprint_sacramento_is_awesome.jpg

Last edited:
Lol Sprint is.... slow everywhere! I am in Denver and am having horrible experience on 3g and 4g on Sprint, I get less than 500kbps down on 3g in most areas and maybe 2-6mbps on 4g, which is pretty much nowhere, or super spotty. My friend in Atlanta complains about sprint as well. I used to carry a tmobile phone, always gotten way faster speed@s, same for whwn I had att.

in my opinion Verizon bar-none..

most of att's network is 2g except for high density areas..

they might have signal to 97% of America but most of the "square mile coverage" is 2g.. if Verizon had prepaid prices of att for smartphones.. I'd bail from att..

in my opinion Verizon bar-none..

most of att's network is 2g except for high density areas..

they might have signal to 97% of America but most of the "square mile coverage" is 2g.. if Verizon had prepaid prices of att for smartphones.. I'd bail from att..

It's a bit better than that. Probably around 35-40% of the US that's still 2g, and I still believe they plan on having that filled by the end of 2012. I wouldn't expect their LTE network to go further than populated areas however. HSPA+ is probably the limit they will go for the foreseeable future.

I believe its ATT. Most tests show their 4G LTE is faster than Verizon's own and their 3G is also faster due to using faster HSPA technology vs. EVDO with Verizon. I do get jealous of ATT's speeds as a Verizon customer.

However, I also believe ATT manages to keep their network fast due to heavily throttling their customers with grandfathered unlimited data. I have unlimited data with Verizon and have never been throttled at all, and I use very large amounts of data per month.

I don't see the point of ATT having 50mb LTE over Verizon with 30mb LTE if ATT will throttle you down to 2G dial-up EDGE speeds after let's say 2gb if you still have unlimited data. :(
One thing that frustrates lots of ATT customers is that they don't have a set cap by which they will throttle you, only saying you'll be throttled if you're in the "top 5%" of data usage, which can heavily vary depending on the market location you're in.

I believe its ATT. Most tests show their 4G LTE is faster than Verizon's own and their 3G is also faster due to using faster HSPA technology vs. EVDO with Verizon. I do get jealous of ATT's speeds as a Verizon customer.

However, I also believe ATT manages to keep their network fast due to heavily throttling their customers with grandfathered unlimited data. I have unlimited data with Verizon and have never been throttled at all, and I use very large amounts of data per month.

I don't see the point of ATT having 50mb LTE over Verizon with 30mb LTE if ATT will throttle you down to 2G dial-up EDGE speeds after let's say 2gb if you still have unlimited data. :(
One thing that frustrates lots of ATT customers is that they don't have a set cap by which they will throttle you, only saying you'll be throttled if you're in the "top 5%" of data usage, which can heavily vary depending on the market location you're in.

I think that's the nature of the beast, though. Look at sprint and ttheir unlimited plans, how good is their network? Building out a vast networkcans maintaining it is pricey, I'm not too sure that money they get from their subs is entirely enough, specially since every carrier is out to get money.

Thankfully, I'm in ATL so EVERYONE is fast.

I'm with Sprint, and get anywhere from 9mb/s (home) to 25mb/s (work).

Just did a speedtest. On my Sprint Epic4G while using 4G I get 2mb down and 2mb up. That's fucking sad. I can't wait till my contract is up.

Verizon FTW

Where I live Verizon by far, we don't get LTE out in the sticks. But out here 3G is 1.5 to 2Mbp/s all the time.

Just did a speedtest. On my Sprint Epic4G while using 4G I get 2mb down and 2mb up. That's fucking sad. I can't wait till my contract is up.

Verizon FTW

You could always wait for Network Vision. ;)

Tripled my speeds already haha.

Verizon. There is a reason why they pay a premium. Fastest and most reliable coverage

Sprint 4G in Omaha:

Download - 7.4 Mbps
Upload - 1.0 Mbps

Speedtest on my Evo 3D.

Couldn't tell you, but I know what isn't the fastest, sprint. lol

tmobile has really kicked up the speed here in the twin cities, I work in the boonies and I still get respectable 3G in out steel framed/shelled building....

This isn't even a question. I can hit 59 megabits down on my HTC Rezound on Verizon's network in the evening, 25-35 megabits during peak times in the day on speakeasy.net/speedtest. (Way better speed test site than the crap everyone uses which is speedtest.net)

AT&T, if they spend enough money on their LTE rollout, might be able to compete; but they're so far behind, it's not even funny. By the time AT&T gets a good, fleshed-out LTE network, Verizon will be starting their LTE Advanced rollout most likely.

Being fair, however AT&T really does not need to rush. HSPA+ isn't as fast as LTE of course, but they aren't stuck at 3.1m like Verizon was. What's going to make the difference for them is if they can actually get H+ to 100% of their network by the end of this year, and more spectrum so they can do LTE properly in more locations they'll be OK. And unless Verizon is going to try to do both at the same time, next up is VoLTE, slated for 2013.

Getting about 1.3mb down and .87mb up while its pretty cloudy and even my regular internet is shit (Usually 3mb/s down but its doing 250kb/s down right now so something is messing with the signals)

Verizon 3G.

This isn't even a question. I can hit 59 megabits down on my HTC Rezound on Verizon's network in the evening, 25-35 megabits during peak times in the day on speakeasy.net/speedtest. (Way better speed test site than the crap everyone uses which is speedtest.net)

AT&T, if they spend enough money on their LTE rollout, might be able to compete; but they're so far behind, it's not even funny. By the time AT&T gets a good, fleshed-out LTE network, Verizon will be starting their LTE Advanced rollout most likely.
59 meg down? :eek:

Holy shit - where are you?

I really am hoping that Network Vision helps Sprint enough to make it comparable to Verizon performance wise. If by 2013 it isn't there, I am gone.

My friend in Atlanta complains about sprint as well.
Yes I use to complain alot about sprint speeds. Up until last week they actually improved.
I dont have 4g any more since going to the 4S, but I can constantly pick up atleast 1.3mb down now. Still shit, but way better then the 0.12mb down I dealt with on my nexus for the last year...

Personally I think even with LTE sprint will be the slowest of the LTE's. Verizon being champ.

Depends entirely on your area. All 4 major carriers lead at certain locations in the US.

Back