Fastest rom for GNExus

note235

Supreme [H]ardness
Im looking to flash the fastest rom to do these things
:take a picture
:find directions to restaurants
and run an application if i swipe to the right/left

Is stock not fast enough for you? I've used AOKP and Codename Android ROMs just to add functionality, but all of them are about the same speed as the stock ROM as far as real world usage is concerned.

If you want to open an app or perform an action with a swiping gesture, you can just install Apex Launcher in the market. You can't tie an action to left/right gestures (because then how would you scroll to other home screens?), but you can tie actions (such as opening apps or anything else) to swiping up/down and double tap. No root needed either.

im trying to possible remove homescreen so i can tie an app to a swipe, is that possible?

No, all launchers that incorporate swipe motions only go up/down, since there is little/no clue for what you are asking

GummyNex is my favorite ROM, and is super fast when coupled with franco kernel

oh i see
ok so any launcher go basically be set to go up/down for a certain app?
ill try liquid, thanks!

oh i see
ok so any launcher go basically be set to go up/down for a certain app?
ill try liquid, thanks!

No, not any launcher. I don't think Nova launcher had that functionality. I'm not sure about ADW. But I'm using Apex launcher at the moment and it has that swipe functionality for up/down and double tap actions. I'm not sure why you would be so set on tying it to left/right actions. Wouldn't make much sense to me from a functionality prospective, esp. if you would rather get rid of your home screens to do it.

Also, please tell me English is not your first language. That post made my brain hurt :p.

I apologize for earlier, I was modifying my roommates Inspire and was afraid I bricked it.
Anyways, everything seems to be in order, just looking for the best restaurant app lol

Hah, just ran across your thread on XDA too :p.

There's only one constructive post there and he's pretty much saying the same thing I told you here. You don't need a different ROM, just a different launcher. He's recommending ADW, which I haven't tried on my Nexus yet because I'm pretty happy with Apex at the moment and couldn't imagine it being much better.

yep
ive gotten almost everything except the upload to facebook right after taking a picture

I'm using the BAMF paradigm rom -- and franco kernel Milestone #2

insane speed - no crashes -- 100% compatibility. Loving it so far

Screenshot_2012-03-28-03-15-38.png

btw anyone know of the fastest way to unlock a screen without disabling it?

Anyway to just press a button or double tap screen to directly unlock?

disable lock screen and the power button will act as unlock?

i would think teh swipe is faster than double tap.......some custom roms do have a "tap to wake" option, assuming the kernel supports it..

im not too familiar with the microsoft challenge...

guessing it would be "Helpful" to have a buddy standing a few feet away broadcasting a 4G LTE signal stay connected to it throughout the challenge. At least that would be one aspect that might save a few seconds as opposed to your 3G or regular ass wifi.

I think you have to be on the same wifi network for the MS challenge

FYI, to anyone near a Microsoft Store, tomorrow is the last day you can head to the store and turn in an old smartphone in exchange for a Windows Phone.

I think you have to be on the same wifi network for the MS challenge.

Yeah, you have to be on their in-store Wi-Fi network. They also make you reboot your phone right before the challenge for some reason.

But I wouldn't bet on winning the challenge, OP. It's pretty much rigged. So even if you do win their challenge, they will prolly just come back with "oppsie, I meant to say 'do this too.' You still lose!" :rolleyes: Plus they already know what challenge they're going to give you and have a shortcut to it right on the homescreen, probably to the exact object/location/address that they're going to tell you to search for, pre-cached and everything. What they should do is have another customer in the store (probably the next person waiting to take the challenge) issue the challenge to both phones so there's no chance of cheating/rigging the challenge.

Another thing that's messed up is that they don't accept challenges from what they consider "obsolete" phones, which is any WebOS or any pre-WP7 Microsoft OS phone. The HD2 has about the same hardware as most WP7 devices, I don't see why that couldn't compete..? I'd bet they would let you go in there with a HTC G1 and take the challenge, lol. I would definitely do that just to trade the G1 for a Titan or something (so I could sell it toward my next Android phone :p).

Back