Fatal1ty SLI/7800GTX - can't set up SLI mode

Captain Rehab

Limp Gawd
Switch card is seated correctly. Most recent FW drivers. Under NVidia's display properties/sli - multi GPU setting all I get is "You must remove any graphics cards that are not compatible with Nvidia scalable link interface (SLI) technology before you can enable SLI. To learn more, click here (link to Nvidia site). A search of this site was not particularly helpful, although that is more likely a function of my ignorance.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Cap'n

i have your mobo, but i dont do sli, and i had a gigantic problem with the switch being seated incorrectly even though i couldve sworn it was correct....i would double check all the settings, and make sure you dont have the AMD Cool and Quiet enabled, the manual also says to disable all FAN EQ if you did all that and it still doesnt work, maybe drivers?

Agromahdi123 said:
i have your mobo, but i dont do sli, and i had a gigantic problem with the switch being seated incorrectly even though i couldve sworn it was correct....i would double check all the settings, and make sure you dont have the AMD Cool and Quiet enabled, the manual also says to disable all FAN EQ if you did all that and it still doesnt work, maybe drivers?

I don't see how I could push the selector card in any deeper without breaking the fucker. The notches on the side of the card line up with the metal clasps... It says SLI... What could I be doing wrong?

I did all the things you mentioned...

How do I tell if the PCI-Express slots are indeed recognized as 8x?

Thanks,

Cap'n

(ps - at this rate, I may not have an sli rig either. :eek: )

i believe in the bios, that sli selector is a bitch though, you gotta stick it in at just the right angle and it will just fit, any other and it wont do shit like the little bitch that it is.

Back