Abit NF7-S Rev. 1.2 MB
Athlon XP 2200+
Crucial 512 DDR PC3200
GeForce 4200 TI
WD 80 GB HD
X-Fi XtremeMusic
Pioneer DVD
LiteOn CD-R

Bought an XFX GeForce 7300 GT, and another GB of RAM. Thought it'd be great for my aging system. Was trying for a decent, but not high-end Vid card, read this card only needed a 400w PSU, guessed that was with a dual core, or at least a newer proccessor than mine :p !

Anyways, hope thats enough on that. Problem is, my system boots just great, the RAM makes a world of difference on that, yet once I uninstalled my old card, put new one in, installed newest nVidia drivers (93.71) and tried out WoW, it was sluggish at login, then hard crashes my system on me! All other 3D games do the same thing! Non-3D games
seem to work great, very speedy with the RAM, like HoMM4 for example.

So, I've tried to reseat everything, run my 12v connectors to different places in hopes it'd help somehow >_> Ran all the Direct X diagnmostics without a hitch, says no errors, and the nVidia contol panel works fine on the spinning logo, can change the Performance - Quality meter just great.

So, my question is: Is it RAM incompatibility? Old is CAS 3, new is CAS 2.5 all the rest is the same, its running at CAS 3 atm.

Is it a bad Vid Card?

Or is it the PSU is insufficient? Just used that new PSU calculator thats posted, my MB and CPU arn't there, so used higher wattage CPU and newer NForce board, said I was under 400w on a cheap supply, and 330~ on a decent supply, which is what I think I have :cool:

Please help me out ^^

I'm off to tinker some more!

Edit 1: So, I've taken out the 7300, put in the 4200 TI, and taken out the old RAM. War 3 Worked great. :(

Edit 2:Well, its not the RAM :(

Well, do I need a new PSU? Best Buy is starting to call my name, at least so I can figure out if thats the problem so I can buy a REAL PSU >_>

Ok, found the problem >_>

this is the computer I forgot to update the BIOS >_>

Works like a champ now ^^

Back