Favorite video game ending?

For me it would have to be FEAR, that was the best ending of anygame (if I can remember).

link to the past, mario kart (snes). Earthbound was probably my all time favorite. You could spend hours walking back through old towns to see what people said, and the boss battle which i consider part of the ending was fuckinb brilliant.

The Dog ending was totally f'd up on SH2.

My votes go for any of the endings of Chrono Trigger :D

GOD...OF...WAR...not only arguably the best console game ever made...but the best ending....ever....

QFT. Although there's not much argument to it, it was the best console game I've ever played. Yes, even over the Final Fantasy's and I really like those. Im not even a huge fan of that type of game, but God of War is marvelous in every aspect.

Fear had a good ending, althought it may sound random i did kinda like the ending of NFSU2. Halo also had a mad ending

Lunar 2 on the Playstation, hands down coolest ending ever. Not only is the story pretty awesome, there is a whole extra quest after the credits, plus some great outtakes by the voice actors.

i've always liked watching the cinematics in the tekken series games for each character.

I really like the ending to Ikaruga. It just hits me everytime how you go through all of that effort to get there, and you end up having to kill yourself to finish off the last boss, but even then, you blow up before it blows up, so you would never really know if you succeeded or not. It's just really powerful to have all that adrenaline build up in your system and then have it end on such a down note.

Chrono Trigger endings for sure. That was probably the first game I played were I set out to see as many endings as I could... great story always topped off with a silly/good ending.

One not mentioned yet that I really liked was the ending to FF:Tactics. That game had a really underrated story with a great ending.

Legacy of the Ancients - old C64 games. For some reason that always gave me the greatest feeling of accomplishment.

Superfly3176 said:
QFT. Although there's not much argument to it, it was the best console game I've ever played. Yes, even over the Final Fantasy's and I really like those. Im not even a huge fan of that type of game, but God of War is marvelous in every aspect.

God of War was marvelously boring if you ask me. The ending was decent, but on a whole it was overly repetitive. More weapons would have given it wider variety. Devil May Cry 3's weapon switching system was awesome in my opinion.

Speaking of good endings, Shadow of the Colossus was great as was Halo.

best ending was Full Throttle

i wish lucas arts was still making those cheesey games :(

I'm gonna go with what the last few people said: the Metal Gear Solid series. Always thought they had some good storylines to them.

FF 7 and 10 both had cool endings.
As did MGS 1 and 2

But FEAR's Nuke going off was so damn awesome!

Wow, that Silent Hill 2 ending was messed up.

My vote goes to:

Any Final Fantasy game (excluding FFX)
Any Metal Gear Solid game

I can't decide who takes the top out of those. It's probably between Snake Eater and FF7, with FF7 edging it a bit. I loved how FF7 ended the same way it began.

diehard said:
Super metriod on the SNES had me in goosebumps.
Creepiest game ever <3 I love it...

Just how it starts with the whole 1994 part.... and the music...

Then it talks to you....

Super metroid.... # 4 best game of all ALL TIME.

FF7 is #1, Castlevania SOTN is #2, Mega Man 2 is #3, and Super Mario World is #5

:)

Resident Evil 2
Just one of those games when you see the ending at 3 am after wetting yourself several times during the game that is really satisfying but thought provoking at the same time.

Toejam & Earl for Sega Genesis.

You get to hang out on planet Funk-a-tron and flirt with 3 eyed alien chicks, how sweet is that?

Super Mario World has the best ending. You can close the thread now.

TheCowOfNow said:
Resident Evil 2
Just one of those games when you see the ending at 3 am after wetting yourself several times during the game that is really satisfying but thought provoking at the same time.

Say what!!!
I hope you mean the game Was "Really satisfying but thought provoking.."
and not the wetting your self part. :D

Umm I cant really decide. MGS2 had a good ending, so did Max Payne 2, also the first Halo ending was cool. Nothing really mind blowing comes to mind though. Not one of those Holy Shit I cant believe that just happened endings.

I havent had a chance to play through FEAR yet but I guess its gonna be worth it.

Hands down it's system shock 2. Not only the best sci-fi/horor story for a game, but the ending was awesome(if you played the first one).

i'd figure with a name like crono you would choose chrono trigger...which is my choice btw

My vote goes for Secret of Mana... one of the best RPG's i've ever played. I got completely sucked into that game and played it many, many times. I doubt i'll ever see any endings on Chrono Trigger because that game has a curse with me. When I played on the SNES, I got really far into it and my cart just died.... I was too pissed to buy/rent it again. Several years later, I downloaded a ROM and played it up until you get to the part with the old man that has the time checkpoint things. My hard drive crashed and I lost my saves.

I bought a PSP awhile ago and figured i'd play on that and all would be grand, but alas, the snes emulator couldnt handle the game and it was slow and choppy... so I gave up; sold the psp, and am just living with my fate :(

It was a good game, from what I played. (GBA/DS port, pleeease?!)

Metal Gear Solid 3, hands down

Hideo Kojima should direct movies...the ending scene was so great, i almost cried :cool:

DoomRulz said:
Metal Gear Solid 3, hands down

Hideo Kojima should direct movies...the ending scene was so great, i almost cried :cool:

Yeah, I have to give that one some major props as well. It made me feel sad to have to kill one of the best villains in any game I have ever seen, let alone it be a totally bad-ass older WOMAN as the anti-hero. I had Difficulties to pull the trigger on her lmao just didn't want to do it.

Gotta love FF3's 30+ minute ending. Used to have it recorded on VHS along with all the Chrono Trigger Endings.

matcauth said:
Yeah, I have to give that one some major props as well. It made me feel sad to have to kill one of the best villains in any game I have ever seen, let alone it be a totally bad-ass older WOMAN as the anti-hero. I had Difficulties to pull the trigger on her lmao just didn't want to do it.

Seriously, how cinematic is MGS3? The emotion in that game, and the directing, it just can't get any better. The depth of field effects, and the camera motion/angles makes it look like it was actually filmed with a camera. Can't wait for MGS4!

I also seem to remember enjoying the FFX ending. FFX is the only Final Fantasy game I've played (besides the abortion of FFX-2), and after reading an in depth analysis of the story, I understood so much more and you realize that it's pretty damn deep.

I like the emotional endings more than anything, especially when emotion is built up throughout the game, like the above listed.

Im going for Star Ocean for the PS2. The huge cliffhanger that everything you have been fighting for and against is inside a virtual world created specially for entertainment value. Awesome considering it was before the matrix.

Back